Adaptec GameBridge TV USB2 Video Capture/TV Tuner

Wow, that was fast. I might have actually wanted one.

That was friggin fast :frowning:

i woulda been pissed if i missed this twice; glad i stayed up (thank you, Halo 3).

In for one, if it works at all, it’s too cheap to pass up. Cheap enough for a stocking stuffers…

daaaaaaaaaaamnit!!! I waited all night and one thing I actually REALLY want sells out while I’m on the checkout page… so frustrating!

I wooted one of these a while ago - for a higher price. All it did was blue-screen my PC every time it attempted a channel scan. I went to the Adaptec website for support and surprise! - my brand new purchase was no longer eligible for support, because Adaptec’s policy is that they provide support for a limited time, with the timer having started when the product first went to market, not when I bought it. Last Adaptec item I will ever purchase.

For the record, I am using this currently with Vista, no problem.

Just install the XP drivers. Let the XP drivers unpack, then close out the installation. Go to the directory where the unpacked drivers are located, run setup, and ignore the warning that the drivers are unsigned.

They work fine. Google the term “vista” and “adaptec gamebridge” if my instructions are confusing -someone else spelled out the steps in more detail

I picked one up as well. I figured I could use this on my laptop while travelling. I hope it’s what I’m expecting!

Anyone else get a Targus Universal Laptop Power Supply inside their box too? Hehe I ordered 2 of those also and they sent me a 3rd inside the box that was supposed to be my Gamebridge TV USB2 device :frowning:

I just received mine, its great, closed captioning and everything. Software that comes with it isn’t that great though. The cable channels are like 6 channels off because it uses the antenna channel instead of the cable channel, but it’s not horrible. Good picture though and you can’t beat the price. Wish I would have bought 3.

Would have loved to been using mine RIGHT NOW on my laptop but instead I sit with a targus power adapter. /sigh no more left so they credited me seems woot warehouse needs to pay a little more wage and hire some qualified people that can read an order =( sorry to be so harsh but I was really looking forward to this woot.

I got my gamebridge and it seems pretty sweet, ive only used it on my laptop so far, and it works pretty good, I havent tried the tv features yet. I have 64 bit vista on my desktop so im sure ill have fun getting it working on there. Anyway for those that say this device isnt supported by adaptec anymore you are wrong. Unless woot sent me the wrong gamebridge (Adaptec GameBridgeTV AVC-1410), adaptecs site says it is still supported http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/support/Video/prod/AVC-1410/ its right there in red under the product description.