Adaptec USB 2.0 MPEG-2 Video Converter

I’m debating on if this is the woot I want or to wait for another. I wouldn’t need it if I didn’t have the directv tivo (yeah the one that can’t talk to computers.) Would be nice to bring my tivo stuff to my pc and then to My PSP.

Found a sales sheet that indicates this product requires Windows 2000 or XP. No Mac, No *nix. Bummer.

http://graphics.adaptec.com/pdfs/MediaUSB2.lo.pdf

if your recorded them on VHS… sure… why not.

Please explain to me why I would pay you $40 bucks for something that I can buy for $20 all day long on ebay? Come on Woot. My hats off to you for selling these items at double what they can be purchased for somewhere else. Buy em up guys in the name of the next Woot. I don’t get it. Not with my money. Where are the good Woots? AND why is there a 1 per household limit on all of the good ones so far!!

Crappy Woot! Justdeals.com has it for $50 shipped, $5 savings, I’ve ordered from them in the past they’re legit, I rather it be a BOC tho

WTF? I was going to help everyone out and buy one of these, but I’m at the order screen and I click the button and it refreshes and says “What? You’re from Alaska? Sorry, we can’t ship this item there.”

Screw you.

so through this thing, am I able to hook it up to my vcr player to convert VHS tapes to DVD?

But think of this, woot could start a dating service…i think it might work.

bride of chucky =

bag of crap

http://www.outsideofdreams.com/woot_checker.php checks woot every 60 seconds and tells you the percent left, and if thats not enough there is a firefox extension caal “reloadevery” that you specify how often to automaticaly refresh a page.

it’s a ba#g o#f cra#p. (remove '#'s) the woot forum automagically replaces the letters (B#O#C) with them. much like it does with “refurb”

Dear woot,

Here is a list of what I can use. So start looking in your warehouse and start posting them.

Media Players
Flash Drives
Some kinky wireless peripherals
Bluetooth Mobile Earbuds

Yours Truly,
One angry chick.

PS Luckily for you, it is not that time of the month.

Bride of Chucky / Baby’s on Crack / whatever you have that is three words, with the first initials B.O.C. It seems that Bride O’ Chucky has been the most prevalent in descriptions of the phenomenom known as “Random Crap,” or, as the name “Bride O’ Chucky” insinuates, “BAG O’ CRAP”.
The Bag O’ Crap is where you click on “I want one!” and order a quantity of 3 items, bringing your bill to $1 + $5 shipping. It is what it is. Random Crap. Basically, woot finds three things from their warehouse and sends it to you. It might be good, it might not. I’ve heard some people have received cd players or big screen tv’s, but you never know. As woot! says, “Thou shalt not complain if someone else’s bag o’ crap turns out nicer than thous!”

Eh, I finally broke down and bought something (although I really could have used those wireless headphones earlier - they popped up and disappeared in the five minutes I spent cleaning my son’s breakfast up and running to the bathroom). And it’s not even for me. Got my Father’s Day shopping done early this year. I figured my dad gets a new laptop, why not this? Especially since he has VHS tapes dating back to those very early 2-part video recorders (where you carry a steamer trunk of a VCR in a shoulder bag and a BFG-sized camera handily attached to the VCR with that giant umbilical cord).

Thanks, Woot, for helping my dad ease into the 21st century!

“Bride of Chucky” = The Holy Grail of Woot-dom… It’s basically a bag of crap, that’s what woot calls it anyway. You pay a buck for one (or 3 bucks for 3) and they fill it with random stuff from the warehouse… Sometimes there’s cool crap, but usually it’s just crap… But I still want one, or three… :slight_smile:

One of the funnier posts during this woot! off, is there way these can be collected and sold?

I keep on reading about bag of crap,

Could someone list what they have received in the BOC?

OK so these last to are so bad I have had time to create a new food group… but i need a name for it.

1 lbs of hamburger - cooked of course
1 packet of chile seasoning - Add to dead cow
1 15.5 oz bottle of tostitos salsa con queso cheese dip
1 10 oz bag of Fritos scoops

Dump bag of scoops in to a large bowl, pur meat mixture on top of scoops. Microwave cheese dip for 45 seconds (easier to pour that way) Pour cheese dip over everything in bowl… grab fork and eat. Wash it down with a Bawls hype-drink and you are now ready for an all nighter of Woot-off

• Enjoy

My dad had a Panasonic Reporter. Now family trips looked like we were really reporting news. The battery could be used as a deadly weapon.

i have a question…

i’ve been looking for a way to play my xbox through my laptop screen. i don’t want to have to move my old @$$ tv with the xbox. is there a way for me to do that using this doo-hickey? without recording?

any help is appreciated.