Adeptus 6-Drawer Wide Rolling Cart: Your Choice

Adeptus 6-Drawer Wide Rolling Cart: Your Choice

I purchased the Medium Pine Adeptus 6-Drawer Wide a couple of weeks ago. I am very pleased with it. Today I purchased the black one. I originally wanted black to match my piano, but that one was out of stock on that day. Now I will move the Pine one to my office because it matches. Anyway, assembly was a breeze with one person, although I admit I’ve built a lot of things. At worse, you may need one other person to do steps three and two (yes, in that order) and get the main frame squared up. After that, one person should be able to handle the rest alone. I did not use glue, and I did not use the nails to put the back on. Instead, I used a thin 1" wood screw, and of course drilled pilot holes first. The directions say if the dowels are not a tight fit, to contact customer support for new ones. My dowels were NOT a tight fit, but if you take your time and carefully screw the screws into the angled pocket holes described in step 3 (start by left & right sides to top while top is on the floor), then make sure the edges are flush (that is, that there is no gap between the side pieces and the top). Then attach the two roller assemblies, which is actually step 2. I also used thin 1" wood screws to put the 6 drawers together wherever it called for the nails. The result is a very nice looking and solid piece of furniture that should suit your needs. Note, this is not a filing cabinet for upright standing folders, but rather a cabinet with 6 drawers where the contents lay flat inside of each drawer.

3 Likes

Do you know what the inside dimensions for the drawers are? Need to put 12x12 and 12x15 papers in it. Thanks :blush:

Found this on Amazon:

1 Like

I’m considering using two as pedestals for a desk. How much weight can the wide ones hold? I have a heavy desktop, at least 100 lbs.

I don’t see an official answer but if you go to the Amazon page to the “Customers questions & answers” section and search “weight”, you’ll find quite a bit of info, opinions, etc. Some wanting to do the same thing you are.

1 Like