Adesso Smart Home Circadian Lamp

Yes, and yes. I check all the boxes. I have a cpap–my first one was recalled–but my heart/sleep doctor fixed me up with a replacement. I probably need to use it more but it does seem to help.

What do you think about that thing they implant? I forget what it is called, but they put it into you and I guess you have some sort of device to turn it on each night?

1 Like

@therealjrn - you must be talking about Inspire. It’s an implanted device that supposed to decrease the severity of Sleep Apnea, but not eliminate it. It’s typical used for patients with severe sleep apnea only. But they tend to also still need CPAP, just a lower CPAP pressure. I’ve had patients who tell me that they can feel the “shock” when it fires as well.

1 Like

That’s it! I occasionally get spammed from the hospital about it…I would prefer not to have anything implanted thank you.

Oh, well then…I’ll just stick with what I have.

2 Likes

@therealjrn - It was nice chatting with you! Good luck with your sleep stuff :slightly_smiling_face: If you ever have questions about anything sleep related I’d be happy to help.

1 Like

Thanks, it was nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@therealjrn - I agree! In cases where people have very severe OSA and they have trouble tolerating CPAP - it may be an option to combine Inspire with CPAP so the OSA is treated properly. Some sleep apnea patients need a tracheotomy (Trach) to help them breath- another option, but really reserved for those who are very severe and there is no other option. Weight loss is number 1 followed by CPAP for adults. Treatment is the most important thing because left untreated it will lead to heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, high BP… or even death.
Take care of yourself! I wish you the best of Luck :blush:

1 Like