Adjustable Beds and Mattresses

Anyone ever hear of these beds and mattresses? I’ve had a memory foam topper before which lasted about 5 years, and I don’t want to drop money, get rid of my awesome bed (Which has been hurting my back lately) only to have it crap out after a year. I can’t find anything on the interwebs on this brand

Quick note: we bought a memory foam mattress from Walmart about 3 years ago, and suddenly discovered that all of our sheets no longer fit. The depth of an average mattress is 8-10". You’re going to need extra-deep fitted sheets if you buy a mattress larger than that.

These are new items from myCloud. We are the first to sell them! :happy:

Interested but cannot buy on a hunch is there any literature on this mattress

Quick question. 10-15 years Woot! warranty!?

EDIT: Allow me to elaborate. How can Woot! warranty somebody else’s product for that length of time? Is it simply a replace-once type of warranty? Or will the manufacturer repair the bed? (can they repair it?) This just seems fishy to me.

If I buy one of these and hate it… How the heck do I return it?!

We have to do that when the manufacturer asks not to be identified. This is because they’re cutting us a great deal and their other retail outlets get a bit upset if they find out. Think of it like “Famous Maker”.

Uhm… you don’t. Here’s this from the FAQ:

Will I receive customer support like I’m used to?
Not quite. If you buy something you don’t end up liking or you have what marketing people call “buyer’s remorse,” sell it on Craigslist or at a garage sale. It’s likely you’ll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle. If the item doesn’t work, first, find out what you’re doing wrong. Yes, we know you think the item is bad, but it’s probably your fault. Google your problem, or come back to that product discussion in our community and ask other people if they know. Try to call the manufacturer and ask if they know. If you give up and must return it to us, then follow on to the next FAQ entry.

That’s all part of the woot fun!

Having never owned a memory foam mattress, is 3lb density that bad? Reviews online say it’s not ideal, but for $350 it’s not enough to make it not worth it, right?

Hello Woot Community! I am with the manufacturer of the myCloud product and want to help answer your questions. Not to worry, as far as 3lb density goes:

“Many people generally assume that the “best memory foam” would be the most expensive and the most dense foam. But this is not the case. The best memory foam is the most comfortable memory foam and the density of the most comfortable memory foams are in the middle to high range, from 3 lb to 5 lb.”

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Memory-Foam-Guide-A-Buyer-apos-s-Guide-to-Memory-Foam/10000000009395106/g.html

This is a fantastic product, so fantastic that we offer a 10 year warranty with it!

I am with the manufacturer of the myCloud adjustable bed, and want to offer our Woot community a myCloud-specific video that showcases the ease of assembly and quality of the product. Check it out here:

[youtube=RzCnRgeMsY0][/youtube]

[MOD: Embedded video]

Welcome and thanks for joining us!

Anyone out there with a memory foam mattress know if there is there any noticeable difference between a 14" king and an 11" king?

Thank you all for the info so far. I am in need of a Queen mattress for a guest room. I’m not in a big rush but, I do think that I want a memory foam one. I don’t know what to ask so I’ll keep watching this discussion. Thanks again!

I don’t have input on this brand exactly, but adjustable beds in general. My Mom has severe arthritis and has had a hip replacement so sleep is often difficult for her. Just before she got the hip replaced she used inheritance money to buy a nice memory foam queen size adjustable bed and she says it’s changed her life. Being able to lay down and click a button and be in a “zero gravity” position with her legs up and all pressure off her back/hip has made a HUGE difference in her activity level. An hour of that and she is good to go for the rest of the afternoon. I tried it out too and it was WONDERFUL. She can sit up and watch TV comfortably. I joke with her that the bed is her significant other…“Mom, are you going to spend the evening with Javier?”.

I would love an adjustable bed, alas no $$ right now.

ETA: I do know she spent significantly more on her bed than this through her local furniture store.

Wow that is the absolute WORST customer service statement I have ever read. No thanks. I will definitely makes sure everyone knows how bad WOOT is and how little they think of their customers.

Not that I don’t trust a “Made in China” tag but…

Since a Polyurethane foam mattress is highly flammable, are the electronic motors and switch UL (Underwriters Laboratories) approved?

What is the height clearance (floor to the bottom of the unit?)