Adjustable Beds and Mattresses

seidal5

Thanks for the info.

I am looking at the Cal King. Will this fit inside a sleigh bed frame?

Thanks again

Read through the entire thing. While the rules are for real, most of this document is written tongue in cheek, like most of the rest of the documentation on the woot site. It’s their style. If you’ve been around here for awhile, you should recognise that.

3 lb memory foam… I’m out. The guy who works for Icloud is full of it. 3-5 lbs is high quality… um first of all anything less than 3 lb memory foam is like sitting on a cheap sofa from Walmart. Not appropriate for a bed… or unless you weight 50 lbs. I would say it needs to be at least 4 lb or more. Tempurpedic is 5 lb memory foam just for reference. You get what you pay for here, not a deal at all.

How would you describe the firmness of the memory foam mattresses, specifically, the gel-topped queen mattress?

Not necessarily: sleeplikethedead

Thinking about one of the Queen mattress but not sure what the difference is between the myCloud BD1050 10’’ Memory Foam Mattress - Queen and the 12" Gel Memory Foam Mattress - Queen which is thicker but cheaper?

Queen Dimensions: W 60" x D 80" x H 10"
Foam Density:
3" Eco Conscious Memory Foam ~ 3.4 Pound Density
7" High Density Poly Foam Support Base ~ 2 Pound Density

Queen: 79.5" x 59" x 12"
Top Mattress Layer: 3" Open Cell Memory Foam
Middle Mattress Layer: 2" Air Channel Foam
Bottom Mattress Layer: 7" Supportive Base Foam

Are these mattresses something that you put right on your bed frame? Can you set it on top of a box spring for added height?

Hard to tell, but does the bottom or foot of the bed also adjust?

Question for manufacturer:

If I already have a king size adjustable bed that is split and takes twinXL sheets, can I buy two of these to replace my mattresses: myCloud 10" Memory Foam Mattress-Twin XL

Also, are your mattresses flippable? That’s my problem now. My bed is only 5 years old and the mattresses are like hammocks at this point. (They are memory foam, but are designed to be flipped.)

TIA…

I am with the manufacturer of the foam mattresses. Please note that foam density is not always the best measure of the quality of memory foam. In fact, more dense foam can trap heat and lead to a less comfortable sleep. High end products (which these are) use high end memory foam. This foam is open celled and performs better than more dense foams in terms of support and longevity.

I hope this helps.

I’ve held off on a memory foam bed because many that have had them agree that they are overly hot to sleep in. What does this mattress do to alleviate the issues of memory foam mattresses, in general, being too warm?

It’s my understanding that it helps a lot to get one of the mattresses that includes some gel. The gel at the top of the memory foam helps keep you cooler that a memory foam without the gel.

Not true at all. Most sofas today use 1.8 pound foam in their seats, certainly NOT 3 pound product. What you see at Walmart is more likely 1.4 or 1.6 pound density foam. Heavier foams are certainly more expensive, but that does NOT make them more reliable and certainly not more comfortable. 4 and 5 pound foams and can also sleep much hotter as well. For me, I will choose a 3 pound memory foam mattress over a 4-5 pound version for sure - it holds up really well, and certainly I prefer the comfort.

Have no fear, manufacturer here!

Our product has an ETL approval, which is simply another very large testing laboratory and is widely accepted, like UL.

A little more reading material on the testing differences:

http://www.crownaudio.com/certifmarks.htm

*And the height clearance between floor and the bottom of the adjustable bed is 10.5".

Hope this helps!

You’re correct, and this product DOES indeed include a layer of gel to keep you cooler!

Sincerely,

Your Friend & myCloud Manufacturer

Our mattress is zero gravity. The foot AND head of the bed may be adjusted to accommodate all comfort needs!

-myCloud Manufacturer Representative

Yes indeed, it will fit your current sleigh bed!

If you are purchasing just the mattress, you may set it on top of a box spring for additional height or directly on the bed frame.

-Manufacturer for myCloud

To answer your question about the fire standards with more specifics:

By Law Mattresses sold in the United States, and specifically into California have strict fire standards relative to all bedding products. These mattresses all are California 117 compliant and approved. If anyone wants to know how strict these standards are, you may review testing requirements here…

http://www.bhfti.ca.gov/industry/117.pdf

Keep 'em coming, at myCloud we’re happy to answer any and all Woot customer questions!

We use a heated mattress pad in the winter. Is that still possible with the gel bed?