Adjustable Under the Sink Shelf

I received my shelf and was ready to install it. I pulled everything out of the cupboard (gosh, there’s a lot of junk in there, I really do need a shelf). I started to install it and realized that the dishwasher line and power cord were in the way. So I decided to cut the bracket.

Next, the drain for the sink was in the way on the other side. &%$^@#! After thinking about it, I cut that bracket too. With the bracket cut, I can open it up and go around the offending pipe. Fine, I’m butchering it but I can make this work.

I have the brackets and the connecting rods in place. I’ve started putting shelving in place. I’m tucking the electrical cord for the garbage disposal out of the way and put some pressure on one of the connecting rods. I didn’t think it was that much but it was enough to break it.

At that point, I tossed in the towel. And tossed the Under the Sink Shelf in the garbage.

:frowning:

I have something very similar to this shelf under my sink and had similar issues.

I built the shelf under the sink and ran the shelf bars through the necessary parts. It’s only cover about 2/3 of the area because of the garbage disposal. Still, it helps a bit with getting more stored under there.