ADS 7 inch LCD Digital Photo Frame w/128MB Memory

Good Ole Days:

Remeber the good old days of woot (2 days ago), when the server would take orders and the web page showed pictures of the item. Glad they tore down that old system and put this up.

Re: Business Model

1. Have a server that accepts orders
  2. The web is a visual medium. A picture would be nice (especially of a picture frame).

Danger Will Robinson, DANGER, DANGER …

I’ve had occasion to buy about a dozen electronic digital photo frames.

Most of them are junk. I THINK that this one most likely falls in the junk category.

My advice is this:

Don’t buy a digital photo frame with a “widescreen” aspect ratio. At least not unless you plan to display panoramic photos. Stick to 4:3 aspect ratios.

Don’t buy a photo frame with a resolution less than 640x480, which is ok (800x600 is even better).

You really have to see the LCD panel and how photos display to judge one of these, but I’ve tried and looked at a lot of them, a few dozen, I’ve bought a number, and I’ve returned more than half of those I’ve bought. From the printed specs, this is most likely not a good one, although I have no actual personal hands on experience with this specific brand or model. But based on the aspect ratio and the resolution, things don’t look promising.

If you’re missing the product image, check for adblocking software. The ADS in the product name often causes problems.

7" digital photo frames are a little too small. I bought one for mother’s day and it doesn’t do the pics justice in my opinion. You really need to spend the money and go bigger to appreciate these.

can this read a 250gig hard drive, or just little flash drives? can it play ipod video files?

Not too sure about the resolution on this. Found it on ebay for same price and $2.50 less on shipping. Higher resolution, then I’d be interested. Thanks woot.

found on ebay for half the price

Can we use our HITACHI 4 GB cards within this?

…why is this night different from all other nights?

This doesn’t look like a great deal. Clear frame? At least faux-wood, woot!

In other news, the thinkirish.com woot checker announced a second item, a 2 GB MP3 player, about 3 minutes ago. As if woot-offing. Was it having a dream? OR A NIGHTMARE?

20 channels?! That’s better than stereo… that’s icosaphonic! Wewt!

I own one of this huge screen 4/ the price you’ll love it who ever buys this NIGHT WOOTIES!!

A lot of these have been selling for just about the same price on ebay.

But if you get one there, you miss out on getting one purchase closer to being better than everyone else!!!

Go woot!!!

can it be used as a secondary display?

I’m getting a server error when I try to buy…

You know, the laziness of our society amazes me. Now we’re too lazy to put pictures in picture frames. So, we have digital picture frames. I’ve actually been to a house where the person had like 10 of these digital frames on their mantel, and they all switched it once. It was quite amusing to watch. A little distracting, too.

Google Product Search!

20CH are awesome right? and why does your poop stick thingy take me Vegas, I thought what happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas.

BEWARE!!! I got this exact digital picture frame for Christmas and it went right back to the store!

The software on this thing is buggy as hell. It would constantly freeze, refuse to sync to my PC and the picture looked terrible. I didn’t even look at the price of this before rushing to the comment button mainly because I wouldn’t buy this thing at ANY price.

If you like crappy images and buggy software then have fun…otherwise you might want to pass and invest in a slightly higher quality device…

= my $0.02

Video File Format: MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, DIVX
Cheap portable media player with a remote. Simply add your own storage :wink:

Just waiting IF anyone knows if we can use our HITACHI 4 GB cards.

Here’s an actual price link for this product:

Linky

You’re welcome.