ADS 7 inch LCD Digital Photo Frame w/128MB Memory

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - Saving Woot prices for decades to come

ADS 7" LCD Digital Photo Frame w/128MB Memory
$54.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 ADS 7" LCD Digital Photo Frame w/128MB Memory

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

I don’t see photo frames at all.

What happened to my picture? Something must be borked.

No pic?

“Holds up to 2,000 photos”

Yeah, maybe if you took them with your cell phone camera… They’d have to be 64K each!

got to love those 20-channel speakers!

Great, now I can take a bunch of pictures of my new Dyson and display them in this digital frame for all to see…

I got this on the last woot. the picture quality is pretty disappointing… very low res and looks rough and unrefined.

Are all of these digital photo frames such low resolution? Some don’t even give a resolution spec!

cool. is there expandable memory?

i think this is the one i got from woot before. the quality sucks. it looks ok from FAR though.

The idea of a $60 photo frame still doesn’t sit right with me. It’s like bottled water. I just can’t get my mind around that yet.

Actually, this is really pretty good for a 7" frame. I just don’t know if this particular one is any good. Anybody got one?

in for 3…

my wootoff order got canceled so I have to be liberal :wink:

DO NOT BUY THIS …

Digital photo frames are great … EXCEPT for those that have “widescreen” aspect ratio, as this one does. They are junk.

You need to get one that has a 4:3 aspect ratio. Photos are not “wide screen”, they are 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, many are even portrait instead of landscape. The companies that make these are doing this because for any given “inch size”, a “wide screen” LCD panel costs a LOT less than a 4:3 panel, as does one with fewer pixels. But you won’t be happy with your purchase if you buy this, unless you are very un-critical. Get one with a 4:3 aspect ratio and either 640x480 or 800x600 resolution.

You have been warned.

Can this be hooked up in some round-a-bout way to be used as a small monitor? I see it has a couple cables included…

I can put this right next to my 8"x10" analog picture frame!!!

I agree completely. Resolution is very low and photographs which are shot in portrait are miniscule…

Heey! I bought two of these last time for five dollars more.

They are okay…but just okay. Others run for a bit more $$ retail…but the problem I have is that the pictures show up much darker on the screen than they show up on my computer so the quality just isn’t there.

On the plus side…I guess…is that it takes several different types of medial including SD and COMPACT FLASH…and you can hook it up to a TV and use it as a card reader for a TV…

So…eh…if you will genuinely use it…cool…it isn’t very easy to hang…so plan t ouse it as a frame on a desk not the wall…I guess it just depends what your use is for it. It does play videos…it does have a payback feature like a slideshowl…so well…really…you decide if it’s what you’re looking for.

I am disappointed in the picture…they are very dark…not sure how that correlates to the resolution…which is alright I guess… I hope my ambiguous post doesn’t donfuse your decision to buy or not to buy…just remember…taxsucks!!
:wink:

I’m with you, the frame WILL CROP your pictures for you, so someone may have their head, arm, leg, etc cut off. Some of the newer frames will rotate pictures so they are right side up for you, but much of the image is lost that way.