ADS 7 inch LCD Digital Photo Frame w/128MB Memory

I agree completely. Resolution is very low and photographs which are shot in portrait are miniscule…

Heey! I bought two of these last time for five dollars more.

They are okay…but just okay. Others run for a bit more $$ retail…but the problem I have is that the pictures show up much darker on the screen than they show up on my computer so the quality just isn’t there.

On the plus side…I guess…is that it takes several different types of medial including SD and COMPACT FLASH…and you can hook it up to a TV and use it as a card reader for a TV…

So…eh…if you will genuinely use it…cool…it isn’t very easy to hang…so plan t ouse it as a frame on a desk not the wall…I guess it just depends what your use is for it. It does play videos…it does have a payback feature like a slideshowl…so well…really…you decide if it’s what you’re looking for.

I am disappointed in the picture…they are very dark…not sure how that correlates to the resolution…which is alright I guess… I hope my ambiguous post doesn’t donfuse your decision to buy or not to buy…just remember…taxsucks!!
:wink:

I’m with you, the frame WILL CROP your pictures for you, so someone may have their head, arm, leg, etc cut off. Some of the newer frames will rotate pictures so they are right side up for you, but much of the image is lost that way.

Hey, they are selling it cheaper on ebay

Does this run on batteries or need to be plugged in? Says it includes 110/220 power supply

Ummm, WTH were you lurking for months ?

Does this have a video input? I don’t care about the quality, I’m going to use it as a extra monitor for music visualizations.

Eh… I still have yet to find a use for one of these… I suppose it’d be kinda sorta nice to have one maybe. But honestly… 60 bux (after s and h) is a lot of money for a little thing that will hold only a few pics. If this was 20 bux yes. I’d buy two. But no thanks woot lol… I bought todays shirt though! My first woot!! :slight_smile:

There’s $30 shipping on that.

Thanks BAWatz! A posting with quality info.

I wooted one of these a while back. Mine works great but there were a lot of other posters reporting otherwise.

A few things to be aware of:

1. the plexiglass is very fragile, mine is already craked

2. there is a red triangle on my screen that will not come off. In fact, I made a second mark trying to get it off. You don’t notice it most of the time but in some pictures it really shows up.

3. You can’t play from two different devices at once. For example, I tried putting photos on the internal memory and music on a CF card. They have to be on the same device to play together.

4. You need to resize your photos to really make them look good and fill up the screen.

5. Everything plugs in the top and can be seen through the frame.

6. There is no shuffle play for anything. Same order, every time.

Even with these, I’ll probably be in for another. My current one is at work and it does get a lot of attention, especially when I have videos playing. It’s a great price for all it does.

Thanks for the warning. I was worried about the picture quality. You saved me $65

I own one of these.

On the plus side:
It plays Divx avi files
The host USB port allows for a usb key or usb powered 2.5inch hard drive.
The picture is very bright and the colors are crisp
The 128MB of memory holds a lot of pictures
Pictures taken from a phone will look as good as they ever will on this.
Flexible features, slide show, with music, MP3 player, remote control, yada yada, read the specs

On the negative side:
You’ll be shocked at how bad the frame displays your pictures taken with anything other than a 1.2MP camera phone

Helpful hints:
The screen will come with some little red dots on it, don’t panic, take your fingernail and gently scratch them off. At first I thought they were dead pixels, they’re not.
Format all your pics to the native format of the frame, they will display better.
Movies are nice to watch on this if you’re in bed, but the speaker is poorly positioned for really hearing anything clear so you might want to use headphones.

Worth $55? Yeah sure. Are there better frames for 3 times the money? Duh. But if you’re sending a kid off to school and you want to make a quick album, this is a great choice and it’s a trifecta of technology with the Video and MP3 additions.

Disable AdBlock – the ADS in the product name triggers it.

Better hope you have no customer service issues with this POS as ADC NEVER returns phone calls.

Sweet! Now I can store a whole 10 photos from my Canon Rebel XT Digital SLR camera on the built in memory! WOOT!

Think OUT not IN. Res is too low to play anything other than pictures. HOWEVER…if you hook it up to your 61" TV to show your pictures or to use it as card reader (those useless large bulky memory cards you have laying around) it’s GRRREAT. I don’t think it’s good enough to use as a commercial/business display…unless you are displaying pictures…I might try it out with a video with text…just to see…

It lookds cheaply made…probably a China import…so expect what you would expect from such…you don’t have to shake it tho to make it work! :wink:

since the frame’s display resolution is only 480 by 234, you don’t need to be storing your pics in large file sizes. Reduce the files to match that display resolution, and you’ll likely be close to the capacity claimed…

Can anyone that owns this tell me if it has a video input? It comes with the cables, but I think it might just be for a video out.

I don’t care about resolutions or quality.

Some cameras have wide screen settings now. The photos look nice… on a widescreen laptop. With 4:3 photos, you have to zoom in on a widescreen laptop.

Let’s see… if you’re shooting widescreen photos, they’re probably high-res and will look crummy on a low res photo frame. This should be headed towards a pile… errr… bag of you know what.

For $65 you should be able to buy a cheap 4:3 laptop and just convert it to a photo frame. I’ve seen some really nice end products like this, including a thin 17" LCD monitor with a nice frame around it hung on a wall.