ADS MXL-581 Media-Link Entertainment Receiver

Wow. Tricky woot.

To all appearances, this sounds like an incredibly awesome device that does exactly what I want…

So, naturally, I think there’s a catch.

I’m also an evil Mac user, so… so I’m waiting for January when Steve will release iTV, which… which will do what this does, slightly prettier, for four times the money?

What a confusing world.

Anyway… someone please post some testimonials. I can’t believe that streaming video over 802.11g with a device that costs lest than $50 is actually of pretty good quality. It just doesn’t fit. Does it have to transfer the files first, for example? So… no support for internet radio?

or you could get an iTV in a couple months when Apple comes out w/ a product like this… that is cool.

Shoot. . . This is a first, I was the first sucker tonight :slight_smile: Wish this was like the One-Day-A-Deal site that posts their items at Noon EST, they give the first ssucker the item for free. . . oh well. . . . still kinda cool

Geeks.com has it for the same price if you miss it here.

http://www.geeks.com/pix/2006/ADSMXL.html?cm_mmc=geekmail-_-daily_html-_-18oct06_ADSMXL-_-Viewasweb

I’ve been chewing on this one for days! Just not sure if it works well enough or not.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815255010

here are some reviews from newegg… seems pretty good… only one person negative out of five… plus there are additional product views

Does not seem to work with mac. Ah, there is always tomorrow…

If your tv is next to your computer.

It does have HD output and it can stream internet radio. cwol.com - contact with domain owner | Epik.com

This has “Wire-less” capability.

It’s out of stock on geeks.com.

I have this exact same model, and it’s a dream. I just set it on top of my cable box, hooked it up in no time, and now my house is a constant sound system. So easy to hook up and use, I’ve had it for three months glitch free, I just wish I had waited to get it on here!

If you don’t have one of these, get one…if you do have one, get another one, they freakin rock.

Check the CNET review. They basically say that this thing isn’t ready for “the big time.”

Yea But they are not Available

can it interface with my roomba and clean my registry?

Cnet review:

6/10
The bottom line: ADS Tech’s Media-Link wireless digital media receiver isn’t ready for prime time.

However, these guys, who I’ve never heard also have a long review
and they say “Buy one” 8.75/10

This product has apparently been around for a while since there
is a discussion of it in AVS forum from '04!

Moreover, the product appear discontinued:
http://www.adstech.com/products/MXL-581/intro/MXL-581_intro.asp?pid=MXL-581

Except when you click through that link, it actually says $65 and not available. I got that email the other day as well, shipping was $9.

Can this be used to hook up an MP3 player, specifically an iRiver H10, to a TV or receiver?
Is there any way of running video and music from an iRiver H10 to a TV or receiver?
Thanks.

FOR THOSE WHO DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS PRODUCT DOES

The “Media-Link” is just that. Using your computer and the ‘user-friendly’ interface, you can send media to the reciever. The reciever should be hooked up to an entertainment system: video to the tv, audio to the stereo system reciever; unless you have a fancier or poorer system. If you send music files to play using the interface, the “Media-Link” reciever will play it on your sound system. If you send it video files, viola, tv plays video. The wireless capability is nice if you have a wireless router. Oh yeah, disclaimer: i may not know what im talking about. woot on garth

I wooted,

will be great for the tv in my room.

While it looks cool, I just don’t trust it. It says it does Xvid and AC3, but it’s only got a 150MHz chip?

I would rather spend the few extra dollars on an Xbox, and throw XBMC on there