Aduro 3 in 1 Wireless Charging Station

Is it a design flaw of the charger or because your phone is not designed to work with such a charger?

The design Apple intended for your phone is a disk that lies flat. It also is designed to have the phone position magnetically and center itself.

The flat style is actually the more common design.

Hi there, if you haven’t already done so please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

1 Like

Lol - iPhones since the iPhone 8 have been Qi compatible and this is a Qi pad.

Sorry man, but having this charger engineered only to work with the most common models (5.8-6.1" phones) without having a adjustable ledge/multiple coils inside to meet the needs of the other variants (5.4"-6.8") is, indeed, a design flaw.

Right from the listing: “*Note: This item is compatible with all wireless charging phones,”

1 Like

Look at the Apple approved design. I have a flat charger as they intended. You can make a ledge for it (might look ghetto) or grumble. Or you can go to the bother to return - it’s all up to you. Since this is Woot, you may have to pay for return shipping unless you purchased via Prime.

I prefer plug in as it is more energy efficient by typically 15 to 20%. Some Qi chargers from even “name brand” companies are fire hazards due to design.

Not necessary true. Oh, and Prime or not wouldn’t be a factor.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

2 Likes

My experience and reading was prior returns at least without purchase via Prime had a less than friendly RMA process compared to Amazon. As stated, he MAY need to pay for return shipping. Meaning he may not. It’s still is a hassle.

I have a Qi charger. I don’t use it because of what I read about energy transfer efficiency and warming. See above for detailed reasons why.

I’ve done RMAs with, and without, Prime. The process has been the same.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

1 Like

That’s really not the point I was making about this. Forget it. Not worth discussing. I do not use one for good reasons: Safety.

This item is UL listed.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

1 Like

Okay, we were just looking at two different points of your statement.

You were looking looking at the safety part, I was looking at the return shipping part.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You can read the citations and decide for yourself whether heating issues exist and whether you want to risk your equipment. I choose not to for the reasons the articles listed in good detail.

Furthermore, "No degree of acceptability, or level of safety or protection should be implied in promotional materials of a UL certified product, system, process or facility."

No thanks. Google explains it best.

The UL Listed seal means that the product has been tested by UL to nationally recognized safety and sustainability standards. Additionally, it has been found to be free from a reasonably foreseeable risk of fire, electric shock in a Division 2 environment.

1 Like

Guarantee that it doesn’t matter if you’re a prime customer or not. Generally, we do not charge return shipping unless you’re abusing our return policy. In that case, well…

2 Likes

Respectfully this is a cut and paste quote: Sure sounds like the cost of shipping is deducted out of any refund if the item is “not damaged or defective.” If the item is not broken and functions fine, cost of shipping sure sounds like it is removed from any refunded amount. Amazon differs. They pay cost of shipping. In some low cost cases, they said, don’t even send it back and credited full amount.

My citation was from UL itself! “No thanks?” “Google” is your source?
Please check shared citations before trying to reply. That is UL itself saying to not say what you hope it implies.
Again you can find it here - this time URL sans image:
-Marketing Guidelines for UL Solutions Customers With Product, Process, Facility or System Certifications - UL Marks and Labels : UL Marks and Labels

Yes, it has to be stated that way. I know our practice. I mean, if you want us to charge you, I can ask CS to make a note on your account. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

UL

I think we’ve fully covered this topic. Buy it or not. But this conversation is about tapped out.

1 Like

Thank you for reading it and assuring me that I was not hallucinating. It is the old pre Amazon acquisition wording. Policies may change under new management.

As an update to the actual item, the manufacturer confirmed that this item is not designed for an iPhone 12 mini. Only 5.8"-6.2" phones. Seems to be an oversight not listed on the item listing.

Therefore, it is defective based on what was promised. The manufacturer suggested I initiate a return to Woot. I am a Prime customer as well.

We’re you replying to me specifically? I was worried about how bright the LEDs were on my nightstand. I wanted it darker. Nothing about radiation, magnetic or otherwise.