Aduro 6,000mAh Dual USB Solar Backup Battery

Just like many of the products here unfortunately

In my experience most of these only output an 20% of advertised in mAh.
I personally will be glad when the class action consumer lawfirms turn their baleful eye upon the advertising practices of power bank brand.

Woot! selling more stuff that doesnt work; this product is obviously trash. They sent me an airfryer that had no QC done on it and didnt work from day 1.

The solar feature is a complete joke. i bought one, and it takes weeks in full sun for a partial recharge. you can use it as a regular portable power source (micro usb, and only charges at 5v 1A). but at that price, you can get a portable battery at this price with 3x capacity. it may look rugged, but the rubber that covers the port holes don’t close properly so any water would destroy the whole thing.

1 Like

So is this all they sell on electronics.woot now?

1 Like

Used to own one. It’s seriously not worth $5, much less $15.

2 Likes

Trash. Just read up and read the reviews.

2 Likes

To those of you who are tech savvy from those of me who is not, I thank you wholeheartedly for your comments!

1 Like

I bet it would have been exciting if you had thrown it in your camp fire instead of in the trash. 5 star entertainment value there!

1 Like

Got mine in last week. The solar charging does not work at all. Several days out in the sun and it lost charge. Do not buy.

3 Likes

Mayhap has a ton left over… :woman_shrugging:

Bought a couple of these a while back. They charge veeeerrrrryyyy slowly by light, but can be charged by plugging them in to a phone charger. Had one on the dash of my car to keep my dash cam powered, and it blew up like a balloon in the sun/heat. Luckily it didn’t explode all over my dashboard. The other one is in a home window and still has a charge several years later.

1 Like

Bought the Aduro Solar a few weeks ago. It doesn’t work.
Arrived with no instructions, flashlight doesn’t work, and it does not recharge when exposed to even bright sunlight.
I have to recharge it the old fashioned way… with a cable. Even then, it doesn’t appear to provide 6000 mah. Neither charge port appears to provide 2A as stated. It should be able to recharge my cell phone twice, but I only get less than 1-1/2 charges out of it.
My first woot purchase, and it turns out to be a scam. :frowning:

Yikes, I’m really sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.

2 Likes

The only thing correct about this item is that it DOES come fully charged. I immediately plugged in my phone and ran the thing down a bar (the phone actually did charge to 100 from 94). Putting it on a REAL charger now. If it powers the phone at all in a real “emergency” then $15 bucks will seem like nothing.

My only wish is that I had looked at these comments before buying one. The charger does not work. Not sure if I’ll get a refund or not.

Bought three of these and NONE of them worked! Wish I had saw these reviews first.

I’m sorry. Make sure you reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like

I’ve been using it as a battery pack. The solar idea is a bit optimistic and it would be nice to have some indication of which USB outlet is 2.1 or 1.0A. Apparently, the USB outlet next to the USB micro input (charting) port is the 2.1A output port.

I have two and am trying to return them now. I’ve just spent 3 days moving them all around outside in DIRECT sun and they do NOT recharge. Maybe I happened to get two duds in my two-pack. Just an FYI.