Aduro Sport Bicycle LED Headlight

Aduro Sport Bicycle LED Headlight

This light looks well designed but it is only 200 lumens which makes it a light for people to see you not what you would use to actually see to ride when it is dark.

2 Likes

Agreed. I bought a light just like this one for a night ride and I was out riding the light. It only illuminated about 7 feet in front of me.

3 Likes

That would explain the 48 hour 3xAAA life expectancy.

Was tempted to grab a couple until I saw that 200 lumens spec.

I’d gladly trade some battery life, say all the way down to 5-10 hours for enough brightness to at least spot dangers ahead.

Perfect use case for Eneloops. Carry an extra set and no risk of lithium Ion batteries needing recharging whilst on the road.

It’s a good thing this is dim like a candle. If it was brighter it would blind all other road users. Very few bicycle lights are designed with a good beam pattern. This light is garbage.

This light seems very bright both to light my path and to be seen, much better than my old incandescent bike light. However this arrived unworkable. I put in new batteries and inserted the battery assembly (this is a guess as to which end goes in. There is an arrow on the side and I now know that the tip of the arrow is the end that goes into the light first). That wasn’t the problem. The problem is manufacturing tolerances. None of the 3 batteries positive ends could contact the metal conductor in the assembly. I had to wedge a small tool under each one and bend the assembly inward toward the battery in order for this to work. I am not sure how long this fix will last but it works for now. Also the light fits very snugly in the holder such that the tightening screw is not even needed. It is difficult to fully insert or remove. What do you expect for something this inexpensive I guess.