Aduro Surge Multi Charging Station 6 Outlets & 4 USB Ports

Aduro Surge Multi Charging Station 6 Outlets & 4 USB Ports

1 Like

Anyone know what the max output is? Watts?

1 Like

Hi there. Per the vendor:

The max output on the 4 USB ports is 4.2Amp

Yeah. Again, I am trying to figure out the output in wattage (for the usb A ports in this case). I’m not sure what one can tell from just the amps, unless they also have the voltage for that port to multiply and determine the output wattage.
Now, I don’t really need to know for this device as it is no longer even being sold at this point. But whenever I ask this, (and you may have noticed I ask about output of such devices often) I am trying to get the output wattage. Like I said, I really don’t know what one can determine about the device from just the output amperage. But maybe there is something that that info can tell me about the device. If you or anyone else could tell me what(if anything) one can determine from just the Amps I would love to know. Not being smart or sarcastic. I ask genuinely, if anyone knows please educate me. But I don’t believe much can be determined by just the amps. Output wattage would be more informative. And I believe amps × volts = watts.

1 Like

Most are states as amps unfortunately.

There’s this:

1 Like

First, I want to thank you for trying to help here. I truly appreciate the effort and info, and I mean that sincerely. I also appreciate the link but don’t really need their calculator since I mentiond at the end of my previous comment that “I believe amps × volts = watts”. Which is the proper equation. So, the math is pretty simple, but you can’t figure it out by doing the math if you only have the amperage, but not the volts. Typically, sellers/manufacturers will leave these important pieces of info out if the specs/output are not great. So, they say something like “has a 4.2 amp output!”, which sounds like a good selling point for people who don’t know what all this means. But they aren’t actually telling you anything when they say that because you can’t even do the math to determine the output if all you have are the amps. Many people seem perplexed by this concept. Which is why I have taken the time to clarify this for people who speak for Woot, so they will know and be able to answer accurately when I and others ask in the future. So, in this case, the answer to “what’s the output?” would be “We aren’t sure. They manufacture did not state output in anything but amps. So, it’s probably not great.”
Anyway, thank you again. I’m not trying to come off like a jerk. I don’t wish to… tell anyone or anything. I just feel this is an important piece of info for many items, and it comes up frequently. I love Woot. I love the moderators, volunteers, and other staff. There truly aren’t many out there quite like Woot and it’s team. So, thanks again for the help and everything ya’ll do. I truly appreciate it. So, thanks again.

3 Likes

No worries. Take care!

1 Like