Aduro Surge Wall Tower Outlet Dual USB

This difference could allow for correct polarity in this other model, because physical orientation of the perpendicularly facing outlets played a role in the design flaw of the model being discussed here. On the other hand, I see no evidence to suggest that this different design was made to specifically address the issue. It could be poorly engineered as well. I will personally never trust another Aduro product.

1 Like

2 Likes

How do i get a refund on these? No screw to secure to the socket and no UL certification for safety.

Hi there. If you haven’t already done so please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

1 Like

Hey, all. Please avoid making things personal and using insults. Thank you.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

3 Likes

Screw size is…
Thread Size: #6-32 | Fastener Size: #10-12 |Fully Threaded | Length : 3 Inches

Not sure if this is related to the grounding issue, but is in normal to be able to see straight through the outlet on one side to the outlet on the other side?

That’s not necessarily a problem, but is an indicator of relative build quality. Cheap internal friction fittings and air are all that’s in there.

To be clear, the endemic problem with these units is not the grounding but instead the swapping of hot and neutral posts from one outlet to the next. Some have shown to also have a defect affecting consistent grounding, but it isn’t an engineered design error like the hot/neutral issue.

1 Like

this has to be the best woot discussions i’ve stumbled on in a while. i wouldn’t touch one of these with a 10 ft pole after seeing the comments. keep up the good work all.

4 Likes

I was about to buy one but thankfully I read the forum and this is pretty serious stuff. I’m surprised Woot is not acting on it or at least the old Woot would have cared more about the safety of their customers.

2 Likes

I was about to buy a few of these as well. I’m glad I checked this thread. Woot, please take this seriously and address the problem. You should also push the issue up to Amazon as well. Amazon certainly has the resources (and probably the policies) in place to handle this sort of claim.

As posted above. We’ve also checked with Amazon. They have not identified any safety issues at this time.

Hello. Please know that we take safety concerns and customer trust very seriously. At this time, we can confirm that the products are genuine and have passed all relevant electrical testing requirements for North America (ETL). The manufacturer is not aware of any safety concerns with this product, and CPSC has not issued any warnings or recalls. This product has been on the market for over a year with tens of thousands sold, and is still available for purchase at many retailers. Please reach out to support@woot.com if you have any further questions.

1 Like

Oh well, guess the ETL can straighten this out…
here is the number in case you lost it…
SRG-WT12O2U-08

contacted ETL (Intertek) direct . Will let you know what , if anything, I find out…
thanks again ThunderThighs… keep up the never ending work!

:slight_smile:

@ThunderThighs, This is insanity. What more evidence must be provided to you. I’ve posted images (since February) of disassembled units clearly showing a DESIGN FLAW, one that by its physical nature will be inherent to every unit built prior to a design change. I, and multiple others here have taken the time to use electrical safety testing equipment and posted photographic evidence here of safety failure results which corroborate my initial findings. I’ve gone so far as to offer twice to drop ship an electrical safety tester to your offices such that you could independently confirm on any or all of your remaining inventory, to which I have received no reply. This has now reached a level of blatant, conscious disregard for your customer’s safety. Please provide contact information for your legal department. You’ve exhausted my patience.

@ThunderThighs, This particular statement is important. You’ve been posting it for months with no corroborating evidence. Since you are defending the continued sale of this product (and in absence of any proactive safety actions such as a recall), as a confirmed and concerned purchaser I demand you provide the investigational information which has provided Woot with this level of confidence:

• HOW has Woot “confirm(ed) that the products… have passed all relevant electrical testing requirements for North America (ETL).”?
  • WHAT entity has provided this confirmation?
  • WHAT is the ETL certification number for this specific product?

Ok , we can now all chill on ThunderThighs…
They have done all they can do as possible, so now is time to take care of it as consumers

First, I removed mine from service and found the correct “model number” AHR-318

Here is the ETL listing.

Second: Intertek replied with this:
"Good Morning,

We appreciate your efforts of communicating this incident to us to look into and I would like to request that you complete the following (either click the link below, or fill out the questions below):

https://www.intertek.com/inspector-center/product-complaint/

Contact information:
Full name:
Job title:
Company:
Phone number:
E-mail address:
State:
Address:
Address 2:
City:
Zip Code:

Do you plan to submit support documents (photos, etc.)?:
Is the product in your possession?:
May we use your name in the investigation?:
Certification Marks:
Control Number (by certification mark):
Current Product Location:
Detailed Claim Description (what is the specific concern or issue regarding the product?):
Manufacturer:
Model:
Product Name:
Serial Number:

All claims, inquiries, and field reports against products bearing Intertek Certification Marks are thoroughly investigated. A team has been assembled to investigate your claim, in accordance with Intertek procedures. Once our investigation is complete, we will take all warranted actions. Our client-confidential policy severely limits the information we may release to third parties, such as yourself, at the conclusion of our investigation. Similarly, we hold confidential the identity of those bringing field reports against certified products.

Thank you for your interest. If you have any questions about this matter, do not hesitate to contact me at the below information.

Best Regards,
"
So now that we know the item is defective, we know that they are selling it under this “ETL Certification”
we can proceed to have Intertek take care of this.

I am doing my part and starting one with all evidence from the product itself, with photo’s , all documentation, proper disassembly of the unit and will pursue it for myself.
I would suggest others concerned do the same for themselves.

Second, Aduro has become ,not surprisingly ,quiet from asking for further certification.

So thank you ThunderThighs for trying, I know working through a large company is tough and thank you for your patience.

If there is found that these have been sold defective (which they are) , I , among others will probably be adding this to all this mess…

Only a few more days left on this “sale” here so it may chill for the forums after that, btw.

Lastly, I deleted my back n forth posts as there was no clear answer to the correct model number , either on Alduro, or Amazon. That back and forth served no purpose, and i own that.
I should have not based my search on what was supplied by the vendor nor Amazon , but by the physical
object, which was on the bottom sticker.

4 Likes

For the record: ETL Intertek 5006494

1 Like

Welcome back Thunderthighs!

I submitted to ETL (via their process as you’ve outlined) several months ago. Unfortunately, once their investigation is underway they will supply a generic thank you reply which includes a disclaimer that for privacy purposes they will provide no further updates as to the results.

1 Like

Well, at least we are doing the thing. Did you get a case worker, also? Just curious.

I did see that their is a UL cert attached to that and maybe UL would be another route.

you probably already did that to, I imagine.

https://market-surveillance.ul.com/

UL-498A and UL-1310

1 Like