Aerielle RDS FM Transmitter for iPod, iPhone & iPad

Yes, but it says “in charge and play mode”. They didn’t specifically say RDS…

Maybe I’m just paranoid- but that’s a decent price for a RDS transmitter, but so-so for a non-RDS one…

yeah, but it has horrible reviews. lol

i’m still waiting for someone to say the Aerielle works well with Iphones (3GS particularly)…then i may buy one

this does not work with Iphones, it only lists ipods, and i have purchased on that did not say iphone and it didn’t work with my iphone. this one says it works with iphones.

(charge worked with iphone but the transmitter didn’t. i don’t know why)

Here’s the manual.

Looks like its only Operates over the full FM Band (88.1 - 107.9 MHz)

Found on products web sit

Anyone know if this works for the 5th generation iPod video? If it does I’m definitely buying one, I just couldn’t find a definite answer anywhere.

IN AIRPLANE MODE.

I read your post and took your word for it and ordered one.

Then I read the page and it only works in airplane mode. Why would I or anyone else use this if I can’t get phone calls while it’s running.

Now I have 15$ worth of garbage being shipped to me.

I’m sure it’ll ask you if you want to enter Airplane mode, just say no and it will probably work fine. The airplane mode is to stop the phone function from interfering with the audio.
I don’t know of any FM transmitters that are shielded from that.

So this doesn’t charge the iPod?..
Can anyone reconfirm?

Just saw that somewhere on one of the links someone posted…but it’s saying another on the product’s website.

it’ll work outside of airplane mode but if you put the phone near the transmitter you will get interference sometimes.

i have a similar device that says “put it in airplane mode pls or else it wont work” and it works perfectly fine most of the time

question: does this device have “volume” control like some other ones…i always have problems with these transmitters being too quiet and then you have to turn up the radio which in turn turns up the static. I found one that doesnt have this problem because you can turn the volume up but it’s a mount instead of a wire like this one, which I would prefer.

In for none. I have one for my Zune, and it works well, but …

I just can’t buy any more crap in those evil blister packages. Just pure evil.

Does anyone know if you have to connect it to the cigarette lighter for it to transmit a signal (not charge the iPod)?

This looks suspiciously like the iRiver FM modulator previously offered on Woot! a year or more ago. The iRiver had a 30 second timer for automatic shut-off, this says 60 seconds. I owned several iRiver modulators and their most annoying fault was turning off in the middle of a song because a passage of music was being played at a low volume level. The 60 seconds vs 30 seconds timer should help. In my estimation, it would have been much better to be a 5 minute timer.
The iRivers that I owned were especially sensitive to volume levels. Too low and it would frequently turn off, too high and all the high freqs would get distorted. With this being a proprietary interface, maybe that won’t be an issue with these.

Why do people have such a hard time with blister packaging?

1. Get scissors.
  2. Cut all the way around the edge of the packaging.
  3. Open packaging and enjoy item.

It’s not rocket science, people…

I have used 2 other FM transmitters (not specific for iPod), and they both had to be plugged in in order to play, so I would assume so (it doesn’t take a battery).

Wouldn’t it need some sort of power source in order to transmit a signal?

If anyone has this model, can you confirm?

Well, you have to do a lot of cutting if it’s a really big rocket.

Do you remember what the two button trick was?

I believe the kensington, Arrielle and IRiver transmitter are are made by the same company.

It mentions that it will charge the iPod, but it doesn’t say anything about iPhones. Any one have any experience with this?

Edit: Obviously my reading skills are lacking: “Independently, Woot tested the following models for charge and play mode and found them compatible:”

I have a cheap, crappy generic Chinese transmitter that works wither with or without the lighter plug (it steals power from the iPod if it’s not plugged in, and charges it if it is). But that device has a detachable lighter plug and this has the radio built into the lighter plug, so I suspect this one doesn’t work like that.

By the way, don’t buy cheap eBay transmitters. I’ve had two different ones and they both suck.

I think I might buy this just to see if it’s any better…

I have had nothing but bad luck with FM transmitters… I live in a pretty big metropolitan area and it seems the entire FM band is already occupied. Anyone have any experience with this companies transmitters and can vouch for the sound quality? I have a Belkin and I get really horrible sound quality.