AeroGarden Ultra LED with Seed Pod Kit

I bought from this company for my wife for Christmas and she is very happy with it. The arms raise up as the vegetables grow. https://www.clickandgrow.com
Built in timer.

I’ve used Aerogarden’s for about a decade and had hydroponic experience at scale prior to Aerogardens. Use your imagination as to what I was growing…

Basically these things aren’t meant to “pay for themselves” as few hobbies do. Even gardening where sun is free costs more than buying fruit. The point is convenience and control.

I went back to Aerogardens after a long hiatus (I have two now) mostly because my kids love it. We grow just cherry tomatoes in one, and a variety of herbs in the other. I’ve never had trouble with my cat interfering with either. Not even cat fur. But I guess it depends what you grow.

Overall this is a good deal for a 7-pod kit. The 5-pod Aerogardens are a little too small, but still a good start or adequate if you are growing just one type of plant, like tomatoes.

I’ve had pretty good (but not perfect) luck with the Aerogarden seeds. Feel free to buy planters and discs and add your own seeds. I was not happy with the mint variety MiracleGrow provides in their planters, but the Thai basil was excellent. I found a great mint seed pack at a local nursery that is very potent and grows stronger.

But the tomatoes are where this thing really shines. They grow indefinitely. two tomato plants are many years old. I continue to perform root pruning and trimming them down bonsai style every few months. The pollination procedure is a fun activity for kids…we use an electric vibrating toothbrush to stir up and pollinate the flower buds as soon as they open. Be the Bee as they say. And organic cherry tomatoes are very expensive. I grow nearly half a pound a week, and a pound of cherry tomatoes is $4-$5 which costs me around $30 cents in electricity and nutrients. That math actually equates to a substantial savings after just a year of growing, if you love tomatoes. I don’t care for them but the kids do.

Stop lurking my closet! That’s my panic place.

And this is why I left the Badger State 10 years ago. Sunny, breezy 85* day here in the Sunshine State this whole week. BTW, I also love the smell of fresh herbs.