Airhogs Switchblade RC Plane

So, since it needs charging/batteries, does anyone know how long it lasts outdoors? Should I bring extra batteries when I go out for charging?

That video was incredibly entertaining. How much for the guy who narrated it to come and narrate my day? “Aw geez, he walked into the tree AGAIN!”

6,930,000 words is a lot of words.

youtube video and review

So is this something that you actually steer or does it just go?

It is the EPP foam, which is tough. It’s flexible, nothing like packing material styrofoam.

Yes. Last fall I flew mine probably 30-40 times.

I used cheapo rayovacs with mine and never had any issues while I was out with it. If you wanted to fly all day yes, but 2-3 charge cycles no.

Air Hogs website has a pretty good video with more information:

Supposedly it has a 300 foot range and can work on two frequencies so you can use two if you are buying it for multiple kids. This looks like a lot of fun. I’m in for one!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

If I ordered two, would they be on different radio frequencies to be used simultaneously?

edit- nm there’s the option to select

Please pass this note to woot managers:
WE LIKE VIDEOS. PLEASE LET THEM DO MORE VIDEOS.

Videos are great, but maybe you should use a better camcorder than the ones you sell…

WoW !!! Too Cool!!! It Looks a little pricey, is it worth it? I am so tempted.

Gonna stage a protest?

Love the Woot Utube!

Perfect for a gift muahaha evil laugh and one for me as well!!! lol

IN FOR TWO!

I don’t see how this weird thing could possibly fly no matter what it shows in the youtube video. The video is probably a fake like the ones showing those little copters flying and hovering even though that’s impossible cause there’s no way to control them. Also, what’s up with that weird spinning when it takes off?

If anyone is wondering why there aren’t any product manual or website links…

It’s because AirHogs.com is a horrible website based on FLASH of all things. I sent a complaint email to their webmaster about it. :snob:

Can anyone dig up the manual? I’m sure you’ll get DOUBLE QEWPIE:chaching: if you have this and scan the manual into a PDF for us or something…

What exactly are the controls on the remote? I assume it must have throttle and left/right steering. What else? Is there a button/switch for switching from that helicopter-like mode to to airplane mode? How hard is it to control?

You should go to an airport. There’s all these crazy impossible things that fly there.
It will blow. your. mind.

Most incredible response so far on this thread :slight_smile: