AirStation Extreme AC1750 DD-WRT Wi-Fi Router

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

AirStation Extreme AC1750 DD-WRT Wi-Fi Router
Price: $69.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Friday, Nov 13 to Wednesday, Nov 18) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](AirStation Extreme AC1750 DD-WRT Wi-Fi Router) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=AirStation Extreme AC1750 DD-WRT Wi-Fi Router) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](AirStation - Google Shopping Extreme AC1750 DD-WRT Wi-Fi Router)

NewEgg Reviews

Helluva good router. I’ve used mine for two years without any major issues. USB (3.0 or 2.0) storage works without any hiccups.

Check out the product page

VS. LinkSys 6700

which is better?

Is this something that can be set up by someone with Complete Idiot status? I can see that it can be configured in about a zillion ways…but I just want something to replace the 4 or 5 year old Cisco router I’m using. I ain’t got router smarts. Can I use this anyway?

Is it just me or does this look like a Cylon that got caught in a trash compactor?

Routers and cable modems are where you want to put your money…

Cable modems…(off track for a second)…You want to start looking at the 8 or 16 channel units…(I am getting 175mbs on a normal Comcast $69.99 package with the right equipment)

For the average house…(under 15 connected devices)…Probably good enough…

For the complex house…(30 or more connected devices)…Go with something better…Some AC router that delivers true AC bonding/multiiplexing…

Without looking at the setup manual…I am sure this could be used as a very nice range extender in the complex house scenario also…

Windows 10 is a question that should be answered also…

I don’t know how congested you home network is, but I have 30+ devices that access mine and at least 1/2 of those devices access it all the time. I didn’t want to waste time trying to configure them to tweak specific things. I dropped some jack and bought the Netgear Nighhthawk x6 ac3200. This has a nice firmware where it’s easy to configure, yet has a lot of setings that can manually be configured if you wanted to. The thing that works really well for me is that it has dynamic QoS that basically controls the bandwidth automatically to send more bandwidth to devices that need it and less to the devices that don’t. I stream KODI video from several devices throughout my network, in addition to having HD homerun cable network card that also streams to my mediacenters. This particular router does the best job in directing bandwidth traffic automatically without user intervention. There could be better routers out there, but this is a good combination of great hardware and easy set-up, low maintenance. With all the streaming that goes on form youtube to Kodi, to Netflix, Amazon- you need something that can handle the traffic. Trying to get out cheap on a router will only frustrate you.

$252
http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-Tri-Band-Gigabit-R8000/dp/B00KWHMR6G

Dang I thought THIS one was considered dropping some bank on a nice router. I can’t be spending $252. Will this be a good upgrade from a standard $50 cisco router that Cox provides (dpc 3825)?

It looks like the DPC 3825 is a router/modem. The Buffalo WZR-1750DHPD is a router only. The Buffalo router is way better than the router in your Cisco router/modem from Cox. But you still need the modem part. If you intend on using the modem part from the Cisco, read this http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/12783, otherwise if you’re giving this piece of hardware back, you’ll need to purchase a separate modem.

here is an overview of the Buffalo router
[youtube=wDeqKtJGu0I][/youtube]

Ok guys & gals,
I just watched the video from “Newegg”. All this stuff is WAY over my head. Here’s what I need.

I’m dropping TW cable and will only use them for Wi-Fi and my landline. I have an LG smart TV, my cell phone, a laptop, tablet and printer. I’m the only user. Will this work for what I need???

I have been using a DD-WRT router in some form for over 10 years. I can safely tell you that the firmware is absolutely amazing in the abilities it gives you. The tweaking is unmatched by any consumer product on the market.

The DD-WRT community also is very helpful and there is probably an entire forum full of information for any issues you may have that has a large active community.

That being said, you have to know that many companies that provide DSL now only provide a modem/router combo and bridging their modem/router to only act as a modem is not supported and you will catch all sorts of grief from customer support if you try and contact them with a bridged router.

Yes, this will work fine. You don’t have to use any of the fancy features - just make sure to put a password on the wireless network.

Does anyone know what version of DD-WRT comes installed on this? I know the main channel builds haven’t been updated since sometime in 2010.

Be careful with newegg reviews, people set up themselves to high level techs (very high esteem of themselves) and brick the router or don’t know how they work and put bad reviews because of their stupidity.

I have 2 of these, one in AP and the other one in bridge mode and I can transfer up to 55MB/s between them with no problems. Super fast AC!

It will work just fine. For the price with 3 years warranty, I would buy it! (I have 2 already)

Be careful as this is only a router with a/b/g/n frequency and not AC. I felt a bit mislead with the name of the router having AC in it but not having AC band in the wireless

IEEE 802.11ac, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n

If you’re asking if this is a good deal, absolutely. Anyone in here saying anything else is/are not talking to you. Grab 3 and put it on your resume, you’ll be hired instantly for your obvious eye for a killer deal.