Airthereal HEPA Air Cleaner, APH260

I’m sorry to hear that. Could you please drop a message at support@airthereal.com so that we can help you with the warranty? :cold_sweat:

No problem. Actually we sent out the request yesterday. But I think it takes some time to fix it during weekend. I’m sorry.

So, the life of the product is two years and 1 month?

Here is the description for the included filter taken directly from Woots offer.
FILTER OUT 99.97% POLLEN: Pre-Filter, True HEPA Filter, Activated Carbon Filter (attached with Nano Mineral, Cold Catalyst Filter, Photo Catalyst Filter and Molecular Sieve) all in one that clears out airborne particles as small as 0.1 micron, including dust, pollen, bacteria, mold spores, pet danders, smokes, VOCs, etc. Ideal guards for people with allergies, stuffy noses, and low immunity.
That statement is a lie because the filter included with this unit only filters to .3 microns. You have to buy an upgraded filter to get to the .1 micron level. The sales rep was alerted over 12 hours ago about this false description but never corrected the deceptive statement. Why is Woot allowing such unethical Sellers to do this??

Anyone who bought this item believing it comes with a .1micron filter AS STAtED in the description should demand that Woot cancel their order unless Airthereal includes the upgraded .1 micron filter that was described in this listing. Maybe then these deceptive practices will stop happening.

Yes I’ve gotten new filters within the last 2 months. They look like the original ones. I got them from the mother ship.

Should I be worried that these are listed to weigh 10lbs each and that I bought two of them yet my package weight for my delivery is only 13lbs? I only have a single tracking number so am I only getting one of the two I ordered?

Hi there. Hard to say until it arrives on Tuesday. If there’s an issue though, reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.