Alexander 30 Tube Spice Rack

Something to keep in mind when buying spices…

Ground spices tend to go bad after 6 months.
Whole spices go bad after a year.

What I mean by “go bad” is they start to lose flavor. So, keep in mind that you’ll want to use most of these spices within the next six months to get their full effect. Especially the curry powder, which diminishes pretty quickly with age.

[Edit]
Looked at Nightghost’s link, and thought some further elaboration/explanation would be needed, since his link and my post essentially say two completely different things.

From How long do spices last

Great… Now I want this set and a set of beaker measuring cups. Mostly because me being in the kitchen is usually an experiment.

Edit - I hadn’t yet read the thread… I thought I was having an original thought…

Well, I see from the description it’s artful, stainless steel, takes up an area of 390 cu inches and I see they even appeared to have ground up Winton Marsalis and somebody named Rosemary for some ghoulish reason. But my frugal wife wants to know how many ounces in each test tube…does anybody have any ideas on how many ounces?

Are the tubes labeled? I’m sure they are, right?

The caps are labeled.

What is the size of the tubes ? While you are at it, can also let me the radius and volume of spices of each of the tube.

What about what they did to that Herb guy?

If you mean ounces by weight, it would vary depending on the spice. Otherwise, the best you can do is guesstimate the volume of the tubes based on the dimensions (unless we hear from an owner or vendor).

I think you would really want to store these in the dark as they are long, clear containers making quite a bit of surface area exposed and increasing the rate of degradation of flavor if they were in the light.

Will Wine Woot ever sell wine again? There are plenty of places to buy things but not nearly enough that bring us really interesting wine deals. Quit offering things and take us back to wine. I’m starting to sober up.

Woot has inserted a couple of Woot Cellars offerings among the other Gift “Week” items.

the containers themselves are probably worth the price listed, but I would dump out the spices and refill with quality spices from somewhere like penzey’s…the best and freshest spices on the planet IMHO.
http://www.penzeys.com/

When I read the comment earlier about black pepper quality, I immediately thought of Penzey’s. The first time I bought pepper from them, it was like I got a whole different item from what I was used to. So fragrant, so delicious, it became one of my very favorite spices, instead of the ho-hum condiment it had formerly been.

Wine? Over here: http://wine.woot.com/Special.aspx?k=twas

Had mine for about a year, and I’ve been pleased. Most everything that I use regularly is gone now, and I’ve refilled as time has gone on.

I had mine attached to the wall in the kitchen (poorly) and it fell one day, but thankfully none of the “test tubes” broke, just in case anyone is worried about durability. I’ve had them roll of the counter with embarrassing frequency, and so far I haven’t lost one yet to breakage.

The spices they use are higher quality than grocery store stuff, but not as nice as boutique stuff.

In general, I’ve been very happy with it.

Maybe I’m a tube snob, but definitely would have pulled the trigger on glass tubes. Not a big fan of acrylic.

That sucks! I was about to order one as well!

I can’t believe nobody has gone here yet, but…

Nice Rack!

Yes I am a 36 year old child…

Do you think they will be hard to refill?

I wonder if rack can be hung?

If you are, so am I. I was all ecstatic over this until I got to your post and went back to look. None for me if not glass.

I bought this last year, and my sister’s been coveting it ever since.

I think the answer to this question will be no. But, here goes. :slight_smile: I would like to buy two of these but have them sent to two different addresses (paying shipping twice, of course).

Anyone know if that’s possible?