Alexandria Nicole Cellars Red Trio

agreed. i’d go in for just about anything washington at this point. just came back from a trip to seattle and loved everything i tried.

sadly, no az yet again.

Any idea if these are drinkable now or when they’ll mature??

You know what the frustrating part is besides trying to nudge Indiana into the 20th Century? One can have wine shipped directly from this winery (and several other recent Wine.Woot selections) directly to Indiana, and it passes muster under Indiana’s arcane rules. (Same for you long-suffering Arizona residents). But the same wine through Woot? But noooooooooo…

You know what the funny part is? I can’t order a single drop from them through their website and have it shipped to NYC. But the same wine through Woot? Oh yeaaahhhh!

(sorry, had to do it)

BTW, in for two sets…

No Indiana love for two weeks in a row…

I’ve wooted the last 3 times in a row and am now out of storage :frowning: Need to drink more obviously.

Let’s see, these were harvested in fall of '03, spent 18 months in the barrel, so probably released in spring/summer of '05. Considering there were only about 500 cases of each wine, when will this one sell out?

I guess I’d better make up my mind on whether to purchase pretty quickly. Hopefully, we will hear from the winery soon.

Hello all,

Thanks for your interest in the Alexandria Nicole Cellars wines. We are a small winery in Located in Prosser Washington. Our estate vineyard is located in Horse Heaven Hills where we have 243 acres of vines. The vineyard is called Destiny Ridge and while we sell a majority of our fruit we keep a little less than 10% for Alexandria Nicole Cellars use.

If you have any questions about the wines I would be happy to answer them?

I don’t know, will you? :slight_smile:

Anyone from the winery talking in the forums this week is like a cover band going on after the Beatles. Good luck with the Wine Woot crowd!

To answer the question from Deaconbluez, this will be the last of the 03 wines as woot picked up the remainder of the vintage and we are moving into our 04’s . Most of our lots are all limited case production. We ferment the small lots in 1 ton fermentors and punch down the must by hand as oppose to using harsh pumps. This allows us to get full tannin structure and color extraction without breaking the seed and releasing unwanted green stemmy flavors into the wine.

Cheers,

Jarrod L. Boyle
Winemaker

Jarrod, thanks for checking in. What “Clockworkgreen” is referring to is last week’s winery person, Toni from Castle , gave great input and was well received. so, tough act to follow. My bet is your “wine stained hands” from actually making the stuff will type some pretty cool insight.

Is this the first time that New Hampshire Wine-Wooters were excluded from the list?

vaaccess started up a thread last week on **Wine Ratings ** (and how either meaningFUL or meaningLESS they are, depending on your POV) and cross-posted into the Castle Vineyards thread.

For those who haven’t checked it out (or chimed in yet), it’s over here:
http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=938493

Our (my?) hope is that we can at least get the Woot crowd to apply some rigor to our rating of wines here and improve the quality of ‘user reviews’ in our favorite Cellar Management sites (corkd, cellartracker, etc.).

Second time. Saxon Brown excluded NH. it’s gonna happen occasionally.

Hi, Jarrod. Can you give us your thoughts on the “drinking windows” for these wines? Ready to drink now? About how long until they peak. etc?

On the surface I am upset, but deep down I am profoundly grateful, at the exclusion of Jersey from the list again.

However, this only means that I’ll have plenty of room when fitting selection comes up that I can actually order and partake in [after waiting a month, of course].

The Syrah and Merlot are showing nicely right now and still have some “cojones left” probably until 2010. Based on my remaining head-acre and residual stuper from last Saturday’s winemaker dinner the cab is show nicely as well.

Cheers,

Jarrod

founWe found 3 wines for your search on Alexandria Nicole Cellars .

Family Winery Estate Wine Award-Winning Sustainable Limited Production Wine Variety Region WineKeys Price
'03 Alexandria Nicole Syrah Syrah Columbia $27
'05 Alexandria Nicole Viognier Viognier Columbia $18
'03 Alexandria Nicole Merlot Merlot Columbia $24
d this on internet:

wjhill

The retail price on the 03 Cab Sauv is $30.00 you can check out our web-site if you need more information. www.alexandrianicolecellars.com

You can find out where the wines are sold, what retail shops, restaurant and anything else you want to find out about our wines but were afraid to ask.

cheers

Jarrod

Are you sure about the shipping problems? I’ve had plenty of wine shipped directly from CA vineyards to LI, NY. I guess its Washington’s fault…figures, since wine stains wooden teeth.

Still on the fence on this one after 4 straight weeks of orders…can’t wait to hear some input from the winery and the wooters!