Alienware 17" i7, 4x 256GB SSD Laptop

An excellent price, but refurb? And only a 90-day warranty? Who did the repair, and why doesn’t Dell stand behind it?

90-days is a typical warranty for refurbished computers.

Dell isn’t the warranty holder because they didn’t do the refurbishing.

We have two types of conditions for refurbished/reconditioned:

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

“damaged packaging and discontinued items” are lumped in as reconditioned? I would think new-discontinued would sell more.

Sometimes the vendor/manufacturer doesn’t want us to list it as new.

I’m sure you’ve seen me do the nudge nudge wink wink before.

Am I reading this correctly, that this laptop has 4 256 GB SSDs? If so, does the laptop have them configured in a RAID array? Seems like that would be physically tough to do in a laptop form factor.

Yes, it has 4 SSDs as noted. As to how that works…? I’m sure a wooter can pop in with info.

I tried to buy this a few weeks ago for $742 more and then was butt hurt when woot cancelled and refunded my money. Granted it didn’t say refurb at the time, but whatevs. Winning?

So, the bottom line is that a refurb is a crapshoot…