Alienware 30 Watt 2.1 Channel Sound System

They build good (expensive) computers, how’s the sound on these suckers though?

In for 1… $99 on Amazon.

iPod-compatible?

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Alienware 30 Watt 2.1 Channel Sound System
$24.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product: 1 Alienware HUB AW88HUB Docking Sound System

This sucker takes one. I’ve blown 30 bucks on much much less.

Can’t tell from the pic but this thing have a handle? you know, so I can cruise through the tailgating parking lot like it is an old school boom box on my shoulder.

NO! you have to use 3.5 mm connection…guess this charges only Alienware MP3 player!

Geeks.com has it for $44.99 which is cheapest price I found find (so far).

Here’s hoping it outperforms the speakers that I am currently using (the ones in my Sharp Aquos).

I’ll wait for a sound review.

Yes it has Handle …you can carry it easily

I’m guessing that these are on clearance here because of taking 8 D cells if you can’t use AC. For those who are thinking of using rechargables, you can get adapter ‘shells’ to replace either C or D cells with high-capacity NiMH batteries. Still an expensive proposition, but at least you’d only have to pay once!

There’s one sound review on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Alienware-AW88HUB-Channel-Portable-Enhancement/dp/B000AXUR8M

i never knew aleinware had mp3 players
are they any good are are they really expensive

Definitely an awesome price if you have a use for it. I don’t have an Alienware MP3 player (though it works with others via an Aux jack), and I already have too many speaker systems that accept and/or play MP3s. Otherwise, I’d definitely consider this. I believe Amazon has it for $99.99.

This item was sold on Woot a while back with the MP3 player.

Here’s a link to the discussions: Alienware MP3 player and Dock

I bought it and enjoyed it. Good quality sound with decent bass. Haven’t used it in a while as I have bought a few Zunes from Woot since then, but not a bad unit at all.

Review

These were offered by Woot back in August 2006 bundled with a 512 MB Alienware MP3 player for $80. (see NevadaXJ’s link above) Most people were happy with them, but the one I ordered had a buzz when it encountered significant bass. I sent it back for a refund.

The roommate owns Alienware items (sound system, PC…) very nice considering he paid an arm and a leg for them. Supposedly they are really elitist about their gear and addons you can get from their site ONLY if you’ve purchased their stuff. for the price, I’d probably snag one… but I’ve got enough music gear right now L O L

they cleared these out at fry’s a couple years ago with the 512? for 49.99. Old product, apparently its not bad, looks cleaner than speakers with wires I suppose. Could be useful if you need to carry your sound around with you. Otherwise throw down $30 somewhere else and get better speakers elsewhere.