Alienware 512MB MP3 Player with 2.1 Boombox and Dock

Compare prices on the…
Mp3 Player…
SecretPrices … $89.99
Froogle … $89.99

Boombox/Docking…
SecretPrices … $94.99
Froogle … $95.99

FROOGLE min. price: 89.99 http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=Alienware+512MB+MP3+Player&hl=en&lr=&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title

OVERSTOCK: 99.99 Overstock.com: Online Shopping - Bedding, Furniture, Electronics, Jewelry, Clothing & more

Amazon.com: 95.91 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AVU4BE/103-6618671-9927003?v=glance&n=172282#moreAboutThisProduct

Note: some merchants don’t include the speaker.

The boombox alone makes this worth it. On average, this MP3 player goes for about $80 to $100, but the boombox goes for around $90… so, this is essentially half off.

That said, who the hell wants only 512 MB???

Good night all!

Better yet, it looks like a Roomba with speakers.

Hey, I actually bought this for quite a bit more. Other than its ridiculous looks,(tiny player inside of a huge speaker) it is pretty nice. Sound quality is pretty good. 512 MB is not much, but it does have the expandable slot for SD cards --I have a 2 gigger in mine.
Not to mention that you can plug your other mp3 players into this speakers as well.

Not that pricey considering it comes with a boombox dock that looks like it can produce decent sounds. Wouldnt be bad for an office radio, can bring your own tunes in. And its expandable with a sd card, add a $20 1 gb card and its a 1.5 gig player. Tempting…

It states:

“One thing is certain: the technology invoved here is well beyond the Victrolas and Philcos that are commonly found in homes today. I should like to get a chance to study it further.”

Shouldn’t that say “involved” instead of “invoved”?!

Froogle: [link=http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=alienware+boombox]Alienware Boombox[/link] is $94.99; [link=http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=alienware+512+mp3]Alienware 512MB MP3 Player[/link] is $89.99.

You do the math.

This is a pretty good woot when you’re looking at prices.

Amazon $99 for the player
$99 for the Hub

Froogle From $90 for just the player.

did you read the part about the expansion slot?

Nice woot! It’ll replace my cell phone as my MP3 player as my cell has stopped accepting charging. perfect timing… also a good thing I have a spare 1gb SD card laying around…

does the idea of waking up every morning with that alien head staring you in the face creep anyone else out? sorry woot, i can’t handle the added stress.

Someone linked to a website comparing prices. That post was apparently erased, but the comments there said that this thing doesn’t have good folder management – you basically have to step through the songs to find the ones you want? If that’s true, that’s not good at this price point, even with the neat looking external boombox.

edit: ok the link is back. I’m referring to the SecretPrices link.

Although it seems like a good deal at first glance with the boombox, I’m definitely going to pass after reading some reviews at Amazon and other places.

The show stoppers for me are as follows:

SD slot behind battery…
No folder management whatsoever (this was the killer)
and it sucks up juice like crazy…

I have the Sandisk 256 from the other day, and it’s actually turned out to be a great w00t other than the capacity.

Gotta say goodnight on this ridiculous looking contraption…

MP3 player is $89.99 on Froogle, the Boombox and Dock is $99

Heck of a deal, if you ask me.

Edit: Weird is that I can’t find either on Alienware’s website. They must have discontinued it.

The price on secret prices is JUST for the docking station at $89 + shipping!

PEOPLE!! Look at the alternate pictures to see how big the boombox really is. The picture on the main page does the boombox an injustice - it’s actually quite large.

I always wonder how people with these smaller players decide what to load.

My Ipod is still being loaded and it’s at least 7GB already.

Oh, no… that haunting alien face, the one that all the nut jobs in the country keep seeing as they are immobilized and lifted from their beds as time freezes… Cannot resist…cannot resist… The radio makes this a nice unit…( think ipods don’t have a radio because Apple just wants to sell 99cent songs until everyone is broke)…And you could tape lectures and comfortably listen to them play back in your dorm room…Good woot. 512 is fine for many people.