All Hail The New Crap

Holy cow, somehow got one!

That’s the third one that didn’t even make it to the usual “Order Processing” machine. I got the sold out message too. Either there are a lot less than usual or they changed the process.

Is this something new? I haven’t tried playing this stupid boc hunt for awhile so I’m not up on the current woot ways. Used to be that once you were logged in you were logged in. Grrr…

I’ve had a couple of bags of crap before Woot went professional and got better servers that didn’t hang for 10 minutes while processing I want one requests. Most of the fun is in the competition to get one, it is kinda crappy, except when it isn’t. I’ve gotten a lot of nice things(dvd players, cd players, kitchen items) amidst the crap. I’ve missed out like 4 times today though.

Aww, keepin it classy, I see.

Not EXTREMELY new, but yeah relatively. Most commerce sites usually use expiring sessions (I would assume) to try and prevent unauthorized purchases.

OMG WHAT IN THE WORLD. CRAP WASN’T SEEN ON THE SCREEN

better servers is subjective, the ones they have now aren’t that great

By the way, if anyone is wondering how I got it…

1. When the laptop sold out, I went to the “Community” page and started refreshing.

2. 3 min later, it popped up and I clicked the name of the deal.

3. I smashed the add to cart button and rushed to checkout. Pressed the “Place Your Order” button and BAM!

Per the stats, it sold out in 14 seconds. Since I can’t seem to even get to the page before it sells out, not much sense in sticking around.

Woo hoo! My first “First Sucker!”

Sold… out… losing… will… to… live…

or worse for woot… the will to buy.

Woot has said they were going to sell 10 per bag offering. Going to lowball it and say there are at least 1,000 people attempting to get a bag.

That gives you a 1% chance (Again likely lowballing it) to score one.

Keep your head up and keep trying. They can be purchased.

It’s a security thing that many sites use. The cookie expires after about 15 minutes so nobody can order anything if you step away from your computer.

When you see an item about to sell out, go to YOUR ACCOUNT page. That will ask you to log in if needed. Then you’re set.

Programming my woot-bot…

congrats, this was my first “Last Wooter to Woot”