All Maine Lobster Rolls for Memorial Day

From Two Lights Lobster in Maine this past weekend…https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5445/17591016416_07dc652492_k.jpgUntitled by jim2606, on Flickr

Non-wine Thursday. Usually wine related but not always.

I must be hungry, looks pretty darn good!

Price isn’t that crazy, but for a bit more in shipping you can get fresh never frozen lobster meat.
Also doubt you can stretch 2 pounds of meat across 12 sandwiches. At least I couldn’t.

It’s about 5 to 6 pounds of live lobster to get a pound of meat. That’s including tail meat which is absent in this offer.

About three or four regular sized lobsters will produce two pounds of meat.

Okay, I can understand the outrage but I’m a girl from NH who craves fried clams and lobster rolls -I actually ordered this once for $99. We live in rural frigging Mayberry and it was like heaven. Not something for everyday but damn it was good.

This isn’t a good deal for anyone. As others have mentioned fresh lobsters are about $8 per pound and yield about a half pound or so of meat (I’d guess a little more), so at worst that’s $16 per pound.

Cooking it will require:

1. A Stove
  2. A Pot
  3. Water

Also, most stand alone seafood markets will offer to steam your purchases either for free or for a nominal charge.

A lovely place, and a lovely pic!Thanks for transporting me to summer vacation, even if just for a few seconds.

Am I the only one who thinks the picture of the live lobster holding the lobster roll sandwich seems kind of morbid?

I’m just glad this stuff isn’t refurbished.

That’s IF you include the tail. There is no tail meat in this product. They probably sold off the tails so they’re getting double the money for a single lobster.

If you have a place that sells 1 lb of lobster meat for $10, please let us know!

Up heah in Maine we gots big ol’ lobstah rolls and they ain’t gonna cost you no hundreds of dollahs, ayuh.A good foot long roll is only 39.95 with about a pound and a haff of wicked good lobstah meat.

https://theredbarnmaine.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/cropped-375192_10150410248072027_86572407026_8710958_443699627_n.jpg

I hate to tell ya this, but live lobsters are not bright red, the picture depicts a fully cooked ready to eat lobster.

Man, that is just mean posting that…

Red Barn Drive-In, looks like you’ve been added to our list!

We’ve been planning to go to Maine just for lobster rolls and…yeah, just lobster.

I can go to Whole Foods and get two large lobstah tails for 8.99 each on sale and I live in the midwest, or down to the local seafood shop and get a 2 pound live lobster for ~$30. What’s my incentive to purchase this deal?

WTH…I live in New England, and after reading other people’s posts, apparently it costs more for a Maine lobster here that it does to get a Maine lobster in the midwest. FML.
A good lobster roll here is MINIMUM $18 (usually around $20-25 and lobster is constantly $12.99-$15.99/lb with it dipping around $9-10 for a couple months out of the year.

And here in Chicago, we have a place downtownish (food truck + three locations) which sells 1/2lb rolls for $12. Never frozen.

I have to agree with an earlier poster. I’ve been a long-time Wooter and Woot needs to decide what it wants to be. Too many high-priced “deals” lately, and I personally don’t care for the weapon sales (honestly the next time I see a gun for sale I may stop visiting the site). Lets get back to actual deals that appeal to a majority of people, please.

I sure would like all the people buying this to post a comment. this such a bad deal I would love to here their logic.

Lobsters were $5.99 lb. at my local Star Market on Monday.

$40 for lobster, $100 for the secret spice mix.

If you’re loaded with money then this may be convenient, but the flavor will suffer after being frozen.

I’d rather spend this money a case of wine on sale another day.