All Roads Lead to Pinot

Let me ping WD and see what he says.

Anyone tried the macrae or detierra? Low on PN and looking for easy drinking CA pinots that have no RS nor cloying . I’ve enjoyed the So Be It PN and Swami previously offered. Thanks

Hello, Sorry for the delay. i answered this in the morning, but apparently it did not stick.

• Ohio is good to go here *

Sent you a PM :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info! I’m in on this.

I sampled a bottle of the Macrae a few weeks ago - go back and read the full offering discussion would be my suggestion. My Coles Notes version: bigger, fuller, more oaky style of Pinot. Excellent for those whose preferences it matches.

I’ve not tried the Swami or SoBeIt, so no comparison points there unfortunately. Unless it was the SoBeIt I tried at Tim’s lasdt month - in which case it wasn’t my style but don’t remember a whole lot else.

Agreed with rpm on the Winters Hill - great value and I’d stock up if I had any reason to toss out the SIWBM.

Answered!

Thanks, I’m glad you are enjoying our wines.

Thanks!

Yes, you had this SoBeIt at Tim’s.
Agree, read the Macrae notes.
Picked up additional Winter’s Hill, based in part upon rpm’s comment, but I found the SoBeIt a decent bottle as well, but it takes a bit of air to show properly. Wondering if that could have been an issue for you at Tom’s?

I think this wine will age well for another four to six years. this planned is not designed for long-term aging but it has good acidity and balance. We use a Diams cork closure, and we have been very pleased with the aging and absence of corked bottles

Thanks, grabbed another woot earlier. Appreciate your presence and input here.

Thank you for sharing your experience with our wines.

I really enjoyed the 2007 De Tierra offered here before, enough so that I purchased more later at full price. I think the description they provided for the wine was spot on. I haven’t tried the 2008, and wish I could pick some up now (and try another winery’s offerings, too!), but the money just isn’t in the bank account to make it happen this month. Hope to see some of these back again when I can afford to pamper myself a bit more!

I opened a bottle of the 2008 Macrae last night. It’s difficult to find a well made pinot at this price point. For $15/bottle, the Macrae is a no brainer!

Very pleasant nose of cherries, strawberry rhubarb tart, sweet earth, evergreen forest floor, and toasty oak nuances. Nice cherry palate with rose and oak on the finish; definitely no RS. It’s a little heavier than most pinot’s I’ve had; I’d say it’s a solid medium bodied wine. There is some slightly noticeable heat on the finish, which I didn’t mind.

The acidity level in this wine makes it pretty easy drinking. I haven’t tried the So Be It or Swami yet, so I can’t offer any comparison.

Hope that helped!

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a sleeper for $15! One more question: it sounds like it is on the earthier spectrum as opposed to the cola spectrum. Am I correct? Wife and I enjoy both though RRV cola style gets the nod by a bit.

Correct. I’ve had RRV pinots from Davis Family Vineyards which had big cola notes. The Macrae is not like that. There is a nice balance of ripe fruit, tart fruit and earth; leaning more towards fruity than earthy though.

I’ll revisit the Macrae tonight to see how it’s evolved at the 48 hour mark.

What is your typical turn around time for orders?

The FAQ answers that pretty darn well:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it’s still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

Ordered the Winter’s Hill half-case, along with the Twisted Oak offer, on 6/15. Received my Twisted Oak on 6/26, but the tracking # for Winter’s Hill says the shipment was cancelled. . . Anybody else having a similar issue?