All Sails Ahead!

When I first saw this design, I immediately thought of this song:

Well yo ho, blow the man down!

Sing it loud ye scruvy wootarrrrrrrs!

Sweet, I knew this would place! Also I think the small metal bits are brighter on the pirate in the print file! The red in the cape also feels more saturated, so he stands out more than he did on the original comp.

Way to go, Patrick!

Patrickspens, I like your beard.

And by beard I mean your style. This shirt’s being added to my wardrobe as we speak!

All those buttons… How long would that coat take to put on?

A poster of “All Sails Ahead!” would be amazing indeed.

One might even say it’d be…

bootylicious (ohgosh what have I wrought)

Wicked… got to have one!

It’s a nice drawing but I don’t know about wearing it. It seems like a lot of people would think you worked at an ironic pirate-themed bar or something.

I can’t believe that’s only six colors. Patrick you are amazing!

This is how I have always imagined the Captain sailing in. The sun is just coming up, the waves are calm, the foghorn is prepped and ready to bellow.

I…I think that job would be awesome. =*_V=

This will go great with my wooden leg.

I love looking at a design before enlarging it and already knowing it’s made by patrickspens. So incredibly characteristic.

I’m not much of a pirate person, but that’s a beautiful design.

This entry should have been rejected from the derby. The rules clearly stated that entries cannot have ninjas in them, and yet there are at least two ninjas in this design!

You just can’t see them because they have disappeared into the shadows. But trust me, they are there. Watching.

There’s a Goonies comment in here somewhere…

If that is the case, then let’s switch to Anvil, and return the price to $10! I wasn’t overly impressed with AA’s quality though. I have had to return several shirts over the years, and probably should have returned several more that have bad stitching, holes, etc.

SIgn me up for a LARRRRRRRRge.

This is the tale of Captain Jack Sparrow
Pirate so brave on the seven seas
A mystical quest to the isle of Tortuga
Raven locks sway on the ocean breeze

I’m pleasantly surprised to see this get first, especially given the late entry. Awesome.

Even though it’s not something I’d personally wear, as an artist I really love the illustration.

This one is going directly on stretcher bars and becoming the newest piece of art hanging on my office wall.