AllSett Health Form Fitting Migraine Relief Ice Head Wrap: Your Choice

These are good for short term migraines. Chronic no. I have the one you mentioned and I LOVE it. Worth every penny!

3 Likes

Omg ikr! D; My FiancƩ and I are thinking about getting another, such a great buy.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never tried any caps. The only time I hate my weighted blanket is when I have a migraine so I figured compression would be the last thing Iā€™d want as Iā€™m curled in the fetal position waiting for it to pass.

But now Iā€™m curious about this. Less than $15, Iā€™ll try it! Thankfully my migraines arenā€™t nearly as frequent as they used to be. Maybe once a month and then a bad 3 day one every few months.

1 Like

Vicks is my holy grail. But definitely in the same boat as you, only get one migraine a year - but when it does happen, it suckssss. Would totally get this product if I had them more often.

2 Likes

The one I broke down and ordered arrived a couple of days ago. I havenā€™t yet tried chilling or heating it, but itā€™s naturally cool. I took a short nap in it and it completely blocked the light which was better than the eye mask Iā€™ve been using. I wish it were a bit larger (apparently i have a large head - big brains, you know), but at the Woot price it wasnā€™t money wasted. Snag one if you still can.

4 Likes

Thanks for the rec! Purchaseddddd.

3 Likes

I hadnā€™t tried cold applied directly to the head until recently. I used to do hot shower and that seemed to relax head muscles and blood vessels, but I have found freezing my head is a fast way to dull the headache until the meds kick in. Maybe the cold it just distracts meā€¦

3 Likes

I tried this and itā€™s way too cold over entire head. Left with the original migraine on one side of head and headache from the extreme cold on the other.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got an enormous head and it stretches and fits very comfortably with plenty of stretch left over.

I like these! They can definitely be too cold to be comfortable if kept in the freezer, but kept in the refrigerator they provide a nice cool feeling that can help me rest when I have a migraine. I donā€™t find them to be compressing or tight. I have never tried to heat them up - Iā€™m not sure I would ever have a need for that.

1 Like

Just received mine. Itā€™s much heavier than I expected. It is cool to the touch, I have a lot of hair and I was thinking maybe I can prop up an ice pack inside to cool the back but not necessarily the frontā€¦ Idk we shall see. Hopefully it will be a while till I have to test it out.

Either way, I ordered another for a friend who gets migraines because I do like the way it covers the eyes.

UPDATE: This bad boy is pretty darn nice I must say! I do like the compression effect on my head during a headache. I have to have my hair down in order to get the best effect (I have a lot of 3b curly hair). As others have said, it doesnā€™t stay in the ice cold phase for all that long, but it does stay cool. Also, there is no logo printed on the front as in the pictures (at least not on the couple of black caps I ordered). I may order a couple more to keep stashed in freezer the next time it is offered.

I get a fair amount of migraines and since Iā€™ve tried pretty much everything and the only thing that I found works almost always is some rubbing alcohol on a washcloth on my forehead while lying down in a pitch black roomā€¦this is might be close.

Mine arrived last week and last night I got a pretty solid migraine. My normal level of pills didnā€™t help so I knew it was going to be a thriller. The hat had been helpfully chilling in the freezer for 2 days.

No problem with fit. I have what has generously been called a ā€œparade float for a headā€. Like, I canā€™t buy most hats at a Lids. It did barely get down to cover my eyes and touch my nose.

It was a little too cold at the start, especially on my nose bridge. Overall though, it did feel good. After 5-10m, the intense cold faded. After ~20m it was room temperature at best.

Did it help? Yes, overall. Was it as good as my normal intense headache fix? Probably on par. Will I use it again? Yeah, it was fine. I might put it in my fridge in my office at work as that would be a nice help there.

I might need one of these after the Woot 10% off fiasco this past weekend.