Altec Lansing inMotion Kick Speaker for iPod & iPhone

sorry…pay no attention to the Bat behind the curtain!

What is wrong with you? Idiot. Can you not take the time to at least read what the model number is above, and then find the correct information? Quit posting bad info!

I’ve had the 520 for a while and liked it a lot. Nice radio for the pool side. Only problem with that one is that it shut off on battery power after 5 or so minutes if you were listening to anything other than your itunes synced music. It was kind of annoying not being able to stream pandora without being plugged in.

I have the smaller 320 dock and the sound on that thing is IMPRESSIVE, considering its size.
Going to upgrade to this one and give the old one to my parents.
The only thing is I hope that this model has a dock fitter for the iPhone 4 because on the 320, without a fitter the phone is very wobbly and annoying.

these make great alarm clocks

When a phone call comes in, can you leave your phone docked and talk and hear the other party through the speakers, like a nice loud speakerphone? (If not, any recommendations for something like that?)

Can someone Confirm? This would be a deal killer if I can’t use Pandora or Slacker pool/dock side. Wouldn’t using the AUX input negate this issue?

I want to buy from Puerto Rico but your shipping practices are discriminatory.

We have had the 620 for well over a year. We use both Pandora and OOTunes (for internet radio) and only occasionally have a problem with the Ipod Touch going to sleep. 95% of the time it works with no problems. However, if the 620 isn’t plugged in there is a problem with everything going to sleep. We have just learned to keep it plugged in.

Having said that, the audio quality is phenomenal! In a large room we can have it turned way down and hear the lows and highs with no problem. When we turn it up we don’t have any distortion. This is an excellent product at full price. At the Woot! price it is a steal!

But then I’d have to but a $$$$ iPod, submit to iTunes DRM and generally sell my soul to Apple. No Thanks.

How about some other mp3 /speakerdocking stations?

Sweet deal!! Gonna get one to take on the boat and replace my dinky Phillips Sound Machine. In for one!

I had a similar AL product and it didn’t last 18 months. Just stopped working. Sound was decent but I would not purchase another.

Does anyone know if an iPhone in a case will fit in the dock without removing the case? I’m talking a slim case such as a Candyshell or incase slider?

If you have an installed protector on your I phone (purchased from ATT) will it fit into the slot on the unit. I had this problem with an IPOd and another unit I bought from Walmart

I know the 620 does that, kind of bummed me out when the roommates and I were listening to some stuff from youtube and it suddenly died when on battery.

I have a beach wedding coming up, do you think this will this suffice in volume and quality of sound for that?

Also its a real small wedding, and will be used to play the songs when walking down the aisle (Pachelbel’s canon in D Major for the fiancée and Europe’s Final Countdown for me lol)

Product Spec Sheet says it’s compatible with the iPod Touch 4th Gen.

http://www.alteclansing.com/content/ebiz/alteclansing/resources/images/sellsheet/iMT520BLK%20SELL%20SHEET%20R02.pdf

Does anyone know the range of the remote? We’d like to purchase a portable speaker dock to use for wedding procession music (beach wedding)

I posted a similar, but in my opinion, better deal on deals.woot earlier this week. It is an Altec Lansing Dual Charging Deck.
http://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-M202-Dual-Charging-iPod/dp/tags-on-product/B003ZQYVVK?tag=dealswoot-20

I have 2 of the 620 model and love them. The 620 has an FM radio and antenna. If that is the only difference from the 520 that is on sale here, this is a great deal.

I am addicted to good deals on docks/external speakers. When I discovered the Altec Lansing at about $110 I thought it was a great system for the money. The sound is terrific, and the volume is impressive. Also, I love the rechargeable battery and it has an input port for plugging in a device that doesn’t fit in the iPod dock.

At $49, even without the radio, the 520 is a can’t miss. I’m trying to convince myself I need yet another speaker/dock system.