Amaze-Heater 600W MAXI Room Heater

Amaze-Heater 600W MAXI Room Heater

Has anyone here used these? I am considering placing a couple in the garage for the winter. Thoughts? The garage is 23’x24’ so about 550 sqft. Based on the specs, 2 should work.

I’m concerned that a heating element designed to be used in humid environments only uses a 2-prong plug…

1 Like

I would think that 3 prongs would be needed for higher amperage draws. Given the draw here maybe not necessary? But good point on the moisture considerations.

1 Like

I see nothing about any kind of heat or temp settings. Is it just full on all the time?

No thermostat on them. Some purchase an add on. Amazon has a lot reviews. Mixed bag.

1 Like

I bought one of these for my daughter’s room and it works great. I had it up and running in the garage for about 12 hours before installing to burn off any bad odors that some had complained about. I have it running through a WYZE plug so it can be put on a timer, she would have it off at night coming on an hour or so before she is to wake up.

1 Like

Can you put stuff, like furniture in front of these?

How hot does it get?

The idea is if you can think of a worst case scenario better not.

1 Like

I saw these on here years ago, researched them intensively & bought several 2 years ago on woot because of frozen/broken pipes & have used them for multiple reasons. I have 2 in the crawl space in a damp wintery cold house in the northeast. First one I got was the 400w mounted on the wall behind the water heater to keep that area by pipes etc warmer. The other 600w sits on a metal stand I purchase from Amazon so it keeps pipes under bathroom area warm.
The others are in another 100 year old home in a basement area, on a bathroom wall and in a bedroom that just never got warm enough w HVAC heat.
I bought different types of wifi/alexa & some smart things plugs :electric_plug: to control on & off to control temperatures. I now can leave them on all night & shut off when temperatures are above freezing. Also bought temperature sensors that alarm me if areas go below 40 degrees so I can turn them off & on when I am not there.
The 400w is slightly warm to the touch can put your hand on it for any amount of time. It is only good for a very small bathroom ex: 5x8 feet area.
The 600 w you can still touch but your hand gets warm after about 5 seconds.
I use 1 600w & 1 400w for my 10x20 x4 crawl space. It maintains temp at 50° in crawl space even when outside temp is in the teens. So no more frozen pipes! Woot!
These are considered a conventional air flow type heaters. The air flows from top then around room to bottom etc, so they work best mounted on a wall (they sit an inch or 2 ish off the wall) it is safe. I have left 2 on for 2 weeks at a time when weather never got above freezing, never burned out. I figured $80 ish x2 is a small price to pay to have a warm area when needed. They are very efficient too. Didnt notice much on my electric bill out of the norm. Please note these aren’t meant as a main heating source, more like an alternative to no heat or to supplement colder areas. If you expect this one heater to heat your entire downstairs, you may need to remeasure & get a few. I hope this helps someone.

4 Likes