Amaze-Heater Flat Panel Room Heaters

Amaze-Heater Flat Panel Room Heaters

Does this have a thermostat? I am looking for a heater without a thermostat to plug into my standalone thermostat that handles both heat and cool in my tiny house on wheels.

This looks interesting to me but I am wary because Amazon reviews of the 400 watt model say this has a horrid chemical smell that will not go away despite it being left open in garages and outside for a week. Another reviewer said it takes at least 12 hours to heat up a 100 square foot room. Does not sound very energy efficient to me.

Does anyone have one of these and can weigh in how well it works? Also, how do you install it? People in the reviews were having trouble with that as well.

1 Like

“Uses efficient convection technology.”

ALL electric heaters are 100% efficient at converting electricity to heat. That is not a selling point. Electric resistance heating is the most expensive type of heating. It only makes sense if you want to heat a single small area.

“These heaters will allow you to save up to 50% or more on your heating cost.”

What a meaningless statement! The truth is they only save money if you turn the main house thermostat way down and only heat a small room.

1 Like

These seem good for a small bedroom and space savings. Seems equivalent to the oil-filled portable radiator I already own and another infrared unit that resembles a mini fireplace.

The 400w panel has only one third the output of an oil filled radiator. The smaller panel puts out the same amount of heat as a standard five bulb beauty bar over the bathroom sink (with incandescent bulbs). A TV and game console add as much heat to the room. There’s nothing wrong with the concept, but be smart about expectations.

So the 600w is probably about half and a waste of time and energy. The oil-filled unit I have takes about an hour for a 12x12 bedroom to reach a toasty warm temperature.

1 Like

These look like what I have seen on modern Kotatsus. In that situation and from the comments it sounds like these could work if you wanted to make your own.

Hello!
The Amaze Heaters do not have a thermostat and need to be manually turned on or off. They do work well with plug in thermostats. They also may be used with lamp timers to automate the on and off cycle for scheduled time control.
Thanks,
Amaze Heater

Hello!
Thanks for your question. We previously had heaters with bad paint that had caused an odor issue. We have since corrected the issue and have replaced units under warranty to those customers that had issues with the unit. As with any heater, the time it takes to heat an area will depend on how cold it is prior to turning on the unit, number of windows, insulation, ceiling height etc.

Out units are efficient due to the energy draw which is 75% less than a standard 1500 watt heater (400 watt model). Simply mount on the wall using the included installation hardware and mounting template, plug in and turn on!

Best regards,
Amaze Heater

Hello!
The Amaze Heaters can save 50% or more vs. traditional 1500 watt heaters as they use fewer watts and have a much lower amp draw. They do need to run longer but will be silent, have no exposed or glowing elements and will not dry the air so the humidity level in the room will not drop exacerbating allergies, asthma or cause dry eyes or throats.

When using in bedrooms overnight an turning the central system down lower as to only warm bedrooms and not the entire home overnight, you should realize energy savings.

Best regards,
Amaze Heater

The Amaze Heaters can save 50% or more vs. traditional 1500 watt heaters as they use fewer watts and have a much lower amp draw. They do need to run longer but will be silent, have no exposed or glowing elements and will not dry the air so the humidity level in the room will not drop exacerbating allergies, asthma or cause dry eyes or throats.

When using in bedrooms overnight an turning the central system down lower as to only warm bedrooms and not the entire home overnight, you should realize energy savings.
Best regards,
Amaze Heater

The 600 watt unit uses less than half the watts vs. traditional 1500 watt heaters and is recommended for up to 200 sq. ft.

Best regards,
Amaze Heater