Amazon Basics 4 Port Car Charger (18W USB-C & 12W USB-A)

Amazon Basics 4 Port Car Charger (18W USB-C & 12W USB-A)

1 Like

What are the output specs for the USB-C port? Will it fast(er) charge an iPhone 12 Pro Max?

1 Like

I’m not completely sure on the max charge rate for the 12 Pro Max (I think it’s 22 watts), but this will definitely be a faster way to charge that phone as opposed to the little tiny square chargers that Apple used to give you for the iPhones.

P. S. The charge rate for the USB-C port on this charger is 18 watts.

Thanks for the reply. I agree that 18W sounds much faster that the 5W cube, but to get true PD “fast charging”, like Apple uses, the adapter has to negotiate with the phone to see if the adapter is allowed to output 9 volts at the start and be told when to switch down to 5 volts once the battery is charged to a certain point. I’m just wondering if this adapter does that using the PD protocol. The Amazon page for the product doesn’t say anything about USB-C outputs either.

Ms. Thighs (@ThunderThighs ), can you find out before this expires?

Hi there. The title & features say 18W for the USB-C port. We flipped these items from Amazon inventory so we don’t have any other information than what provided. Sorry. :frowning:

Thanks, I’m sure it would have been fine but I like to know what I’m buying, especially when it’s pretty much non-returnable.

Why is it non-returnable? Woot Customer Service will always help you return an item within the 30 day return period.

1 Like

I didn’t realize that it was so easy to return with Woot. Is there a restocking fee? Do I pay return shipping? Or is it like the mothership where I can just drop it off at Kohl’s?

We don’t use Kohls, sorry. That’s Amazon only.

Just contact CS and they’ll give options, specifics, etc. :smiley: