Amazon Cloud Cam Key Edition

Amazon Cloud Cam Key Edition

But what color lock comes with this set?
(I kid, I kid. Camera only)

Just curious but do we get any price protection for those that bought last time?

Not as good of a deal as the previous one. This requires extra not included Security Key thus a cheaper price. Just would’ve liked to see options sub category…oh well its not wbay.

2 Likes

I believe as MyDearWootson points out these require the smart lock to work. The previous $49.99 deal was the Non Security Key required. I mean I could be wrong although I believe I’m pretty smart on.

2 Likes

I was referring to this dumpster fire which broke out when the cam and lock were packaged.

1 Like

I remember that and didn’t even think about it since I couldn’t decide which color of lock to choose ha.

The cam sold here and now. Watch the lock will be a lightning deal on Amazon soon.

Will this work as a stand alone cloud cam, without a smart lock?

1 Like

Will this work as a stand alone cloud cam, without a smart lock?

1 Like

Click on MydearWootsons dumpsterfire link above and you will see ThunderThighs reply to others about a previous combo deal. I believe this needs the smart key lock to work which isn’t included but required.

I have two Amazon Cloud Cams already. No smart locks. This looks identical to my Cloud Cams. It says the extra features require a smart lock, not that the camera requires a smart lock.

I’d still be hesitant to jump on this only because Cloud Cam was discontinued over 6 months ago. Amazon is seemingly all-in on Ring now. Who knows how long they’ll support this camera, which uses a special app and Amazon servers to watch and record.

4 Likes

The camera can also be used for Amazon Key garage service if offered in your area. I already had Chamberlain MyQ so packages are left in the garage.

1 Like

Good morning!

We learned our lesson and have separated the sales of the cams and smart locks.

This is a Amazon Key Edition Smart Cam. To get all the features, you need a Amazon Key Edition Smart Lock to go with it.

It just so happens that we have some for sale over here:

2 Likes

They have been discontinued and support is absolute crap now. But for those of us that do not want to re-invest in Ring, this is a great deal to get spare cameras. As long as they continue offering the Cloud Cam subscription, the service should be continuous. Once they announce that service is going away or you can’t renew it, then it’s time to bail. I am going to grab a few as spares, as all of mine are out of warranty and warranty replacements (just got one) are refurb units with no power supply/cable provided.

I want to jump on this, but after a bit of looking around, I’m skeptical. Not about the sale itself, but about the longevity of the product at this point.

The cloud cam key edition is out of stock on Amazon.com. With it being sold so cheap here, and the locks being so cheap, it makes me wonder if Amazon is making a change to the Key technology that will be announced soon.

Although this is a great price to get into Key and smart locks, I’m wondering if I’ll regret it in another month or two.

Key isn’t even available in my area, but at this price I’m tempted to get at least the camera so I’ll have it if they ever do add it in my area. That’s the other reason I question it. I may not buy the lock right away, and if they’re changing the technology (which I don’t know, just guessing), will I be able to buy a lock to go with this camera down the road?

They are great cameras (picture quality) for $30. I don’t use the lock functionality, purchased separate z-wave locks that match my security system, so these camera are just stand-alone but I can control either via the app or Alexa.

I bought one last time - without the lock - and it works fine. I did get an email from Woot after placing the order warning me that I needed the lock in order for them to work together, but since I didn’t need them to work together, just for the cam to work, I ignored the email, installed the cam, and it works fine with my non-Amazon (but Alexa connected) garage door opener, and just as a security cam. FWIW.

Do you absolutely need the Key account? can you use this with the regular Amazon cloud services including the free ones like AWS EC2?

Weird question, but relevant. Do the police have access to the footage of these cameras like they do for Ring and Blink?