Amazon devalued Woot.

woot! used to be cool; they sold clearance items at at least 50% off and offed $5 shipping on your entire purchase.
They also had mystery bags and woot offs with extra time sensitive items and flying monkeys.
This selection is crap; and can be found on Amazon for roughly the same price if you calculated tax and standard shipping instead of 1 or 2 day shipping.

1 Like

They still do.

And the stuff in B0Cs is EXTREMELY time sensitive for people who have to get rid of the junk before their spouse catches them.

Mandatory:

1e34116b-1fee-4bfc-95c7-2e865028f202

Hmmm… I don’t remember that.

3 Likes

Are people forced to shop here? I’ve never tried to leave so I don’t know what the exit policy is.

1 Like

Yes.

3 Likes

We still have fun and do fun stuff and offer great deals with free shipping for Prime customers! We sometimes sell items for $1. We have full days dedicated to the BOC. We even have expanded into doing Twitch Streams! There is a lot to do at Woot and we love to have fun and offer great deals.

5 Likes

Wow, how do you REALLY feel? I’ve never heard anyone complain before. I’m totally shocked. Jaw-dropping shocked!

We were also the only show in town and now there’s a ton of sites that we compete with.

You get free shipping on Woot if you have Amazon Prime. Just log in using the Login with Amazon button.

4 Likes

Interesting. I’ll have to check that out.

3 Likes

Did you staff members shop here 11 years ago?
I’m a prime member and have never received even a discount on shipping.
Is there a single item that has free shipping for prime members today?
Maybe I’m not signed in correctly.

They offer hammocks and CAH expansion packs.

2 Likes

Hi there. I have been a woot customer since 2006. Hired on in 2009. :smiley:

Yes, you need to log in using the “Login with Amazon” button. Log out of Woot and you’ll see it. That’s the only thing that tells the magic server monkeys to talk to Amazon’s servers to see if you’re a prime member.

If you do that, you get free shipping on all of Woot.

4 Likes

Don’t forget the part about how ad blockers can interfere with Prime detection.

2 Likes

I’ve been around here for twelve years and I don’t remember that, either. Huh.

3 Likes

I personally have not paid shipping on any item I’ve bought on Woot since they offered prime shipping.

Not even on items where it would cost more to ship the item than what I paid for it.

I’m a terrible Woot customer.

5 Likes

Actually it’s not Amazon’s fault. It’s mine. My unfashionable nerdiness has made Woot less cool by association. I did it. And I hang my head in deep deep shame. I made Woot uncool. My jokes aren’t funny and my shirts are from Costco.

14 Likes

Me, too! We are clearly doing something wrong to get all that free shipping

And I got a $40 glass container set the other day for a dollar.

I’ve been watching a Woot employee play a video game on Twitch while offering deals for the last two hours, too.

4 Likes

Maybe one of the Woot.shirt making members will submit birthday designs with slogans like

WORST WOOT CUSTOMER EVER
WORST WOOT STAFF PERSON
I DELETED WOOT FIRST
WOOT WAS COOL ONE TIME
WOOT RUINED MY LIFE
WOOT MADE MY KITTEN BARF
WOOT MADE MY PUPPY BARF
WOOT HATES HAPPINESS
WOOT, I WANT MY $6 SHIPPING BACK

8 Likes

Be proud of your un-cool nerdiness!

5 Likes

:musical_note::notes: I was Woot, when Woot wasn’t cool! :musical_note::notes:

TT… for me, there are no other site. I’m a one crappy site kind of guy :wink:

Just like any cult… once you are in, you are in for life. There is no “exit policy” barbecue there is no exit.

4 Likes

We should be so lucky!

2 Likes

Not catshirtswoot?

2 Likes