Amazon Echo (1st Generation)

Amazon Echo (1st Generation)

A4C has it refurbished in black with 90 day warranty for $24.95 on eBay. All4Cellular is a reputable company.

I much prefer the Echos with the volume ring over the newer ones with only buttons. That said, it looks like they fixed the issue with the firmware glitch that didn’t allow some models to connect to a hidden wifi network.

What is the difference between the first and second gen? I’ve looked and don’t really see much difference.

It’s said second gen doesn’t sound as good but it does have a built in hub.

1 Like

I have 3 different Echo, including this 1st gen. It has excellent sound, and good soundfield recognition. I am very happy with it.

1 Like

Bought one last time around. The ring manages to give me random volumes as I turn it; and never the random volume I want. I’ve just resorted to shouting “Alexa, Volume 5” at it.

1 Like

I have two 1st gen Echos and I prefer them for better sound quality and the volume ring.

1 Like

Can two of these be paired for stereo sound?

No, they really don’t work that way.

I’ve owned this after the first year it was available. I paid $180 for it, It was and still is the centerpiece of my smart home. I’m not sure that the newer models really offer anything better other than smaller and prettier. For the money, this is the deal.

1 Like