Amazon Echo Show - First Generation - Black or White

Amazon Echo Show - First Generation - Black or White

I have to say, these are pretty awesome in the kitchen. A few of my most frequent uses:

• Recipe lookup
  • Measurement conversion
  • Timer (Show is better than dot here because you can set multiple timers and see them all on screen)
  • Music (Speaker is actually pretty decent)
  • Amazon orders when pantry items run out

I also like how the idle screen scrolls news stories. I often find myself expanding them to read more. Easy way to keep up on current events.

Better to get a second generation as this first generation has the intermittent flickering glitch display that Amazon appears unable to resolve!

1 Like

I was wondering if there was any major reason to save for the newer one instead. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

I’ve had a 1st Gen unit for about 6 months. I don’t think I’ve ever noticed a flickering glitch with the display.

FWIW.

Also, 1st Gen Echo Show has front-firing speakers. Some of the gripes I’ve read out the 2nd Gen is around the rear-firing speakers. If you don’t have something behind for the sound to bounce off, they just sound quiet.

1 Like

I’ve had several for years. No glitches. The big question is why you would buy this over a tablet and dock and do show mode, since it’s more functional.

1 Like

It appears that show mode does not support drop in (video calling?) which is grand communication on a show?

You might have heard me griping.

Does the calendar on these Alexa devices (specifically this one) work with the iphones calendar, or would I have to switch to some Amazon calendar app to get reminders on this thing?