Amazon Echo Show - First Generation - Black or White

Amazon Echo Show - First Generation - Black or White

1 Like

I’ve posted this before but never got any replies so maybe someone will help out today. We are already invested in the Amazon Alexa ecosystem with 2 Echos and 2 Dots. We don’t have any security or doorbell cameras, and nobody in our family who owns an Echo has them either - and nobody has plans to get a camera, regardless.

So - without cameras, can anyone who owns an Echo Show please tell me what they consider to be the “must-have feature(s)” of this particular device that might convince me to pull the trigger?

I have the whole family of Echos and love them. This particular Show I bought about a year and a half ago for about $150. We use it everyday in the kitchen. We have it set to show our Amazon photos on a slideshow, so we never know what will show up. When it plays music, it will show the words if available. We use it for weather, making calls, recipes, etc. For this price, it’s a steal. I’m thinking of getting the new one with a bigger screen, but the wife might have to put a clamp on my wallet…ha! It’s a fun device to have. Buy it and enjoy it!

1 Like

Can anyone tell me the differences between this 1st gen Show and the Portal?

I ordered one of these last time they had them on here… they took my money but still haven’t even sent it yet.

I have both this model, and the newer Show. I use them (in different rooms) every day for the obvious Alexa things that all the devices do. My FAVORITE use though, is making video calls to other Shows, without the need for a phone line. I know there are other ways to make video calls (Skype, Hangouts, WhatsApp, Facetime)…but none of them (at least for me) are as clear, crisp, and consistent as with my Show.

1 Like

Hi there. I’m very sorry about that. I see a replacement was placed today.

I agree.

My hubby and I love it as a video intercom system. (He hated using Skype for short conversations.) He is an animation artist and he sometimes calls me in my office, just to show me a new character he has created.

Nope… just refunded it.

Blargh. Let me research a bit. They did put in a refund but it wouldn’t ship out either. :frowning: