Amazon Echo Show - First Generation - Black or White

Amazon Echo Show - First Generation - Black or White

Looking like all of what was Woot is gone and it is fully absorbed into Amazon now. I miss Woot.

5 Likes

@ThunderThighs, you really let yourself go. I think you could use a shave.

7 Likes

You’re just now noticing that? :wink:

Actually, if Woot were Amazon, the warranty on these not new Echo devices sold by Woot would be a glorious 1-year rather than a feeble 90-days.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one who saw the resemblance. I was like, wow - really speaking your mind there TT… is it your last day?

3 Likes

1 Like

For $50 I am seriously considering this. Right now we use a bunch of Dots around the house and I would really like to have a couple of these for video conferencing but mostly playing music and other similar tasks along with Skype. Is there anything I should know to convince me to NOT buy this? I see it as a Dot with a screen which I would consider an upgrade over what we are currently using.

1 Like

Hi

Does anyone know if you can stream live TV on this device? I’m looking for Optimum TV (Altice, formerly Cablevision ) App to watch morning news in my kitchen. Thanks

You’ll appreciate the upgrade. I find them particularly useful in the kitchen. Looking up recipes, measurement conversions, watching a show while you cook, etc. The speaker is a significant improvement over the dots as well.

4 Likes

Bought 10 to flip.

You finally got the price low enough- thank you for my new alarm clock.

3 Likes

Thanks. That’s what I assumed but wanted to know definitively.

Now… it says these are “Condition Used - Good”. Where should my expectations be?

carcrash1

8 Likes

:rofl::joy:

I guess if that is where my expectations are anything better will be a bonus!

Unlike the Dot, this does not have an Audio Out port. It does, however, allow you to send audio to external speakers via Bluetooth. Several of my dots are connected to receivers that power in-ceiling speakers. I find the 3.5mm aux cable to be more reliable than trying to do things with bluetooth. If you’re just using the Dot’s internal speaker, then yes this would be an upgrade for you.

2 Likes

I will be using this as a source for amps powering ceiling speakers but I have only ever used the Dot’s Bluetooth connection so the loss of the 3.5mm out is not a problem but still good to know, thank you.

1 Like

To add to that, I use a lot of my dots with the 3.5mm cable into higher end speakers to create a sort of DIY ‘whole home’ audio system. To do this you MUST use either the Echo’s internal speaker or the 3.5mm cable as bluetooth connections will induce a delay on those speakers causing an ‘echo’ (pun intended) between your various rooms.

2 Likes

I’m liking this deal just because Wyze cameras ($20-$25 a pop) are now completely Alexified, so if you say, “Alexa, show me the backyard,” said backyard appears on your screen. Sorta useful, I guess.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if you can watch sling TV on these? Seemed to be getting mixed answers on this. Will def pick a couple up if I can.