Amazon Echo

The Dots are stand alone. They work just like the full size echo but the speaker isn’t quiet as good.

If you have a half decent speaker you can plug into it or connect to it via bluetooth you should be good to go.

They work standalone. You don’t need any other Alexa product at all to make it work. It has a built-in speaker, but it’s a little wimpy. So for alarms,
questions, and other non-music things, it’s adequate by itself.

Hope that helps.

I have all three Alexa products for different use cases, so if you have more questions, let me know.

I’d hold off on buying one of these, especially a refurb. Google is releasing a competitor, Google Home, this summer. If Google follows suit with most of its devices, it’ll be priced considerably lower than the Echo. Not to say it’ll be better (from what I’ve read, it will be), but at the very least, it should force Amazon’s hand to discount its own retail price.

Sold out?? Would have thought Amazon would have a fair amount of these on hand.

Bought one last Christmas and love it. Great for music, news, wiki stuff, etc. Sound quality is very good and Bluetooth connection is very stable if you want to go that way. And the microphone is very very good.

Just a note if you missed these today. Amazon announced today Prime day is going to be July 12th. If anything like last year pretty much all the Amazon branded products (Fires, Kindles, Echos) will be on sale and you can probably pick up a new model for very close to this price. And given Woot shipping it may arrive sooner.

First, they sold them at $99 as a promo to get people talking about it. Limited to Prime Members only. Jealous you didn’t get to buy one then?
Second, not profiting twice. Someone bought ine then returned it for a refund or a free replacement. Please expalin how that is profiting twice.
Third, yes Woot is owned by Amazon. So what? Really sounds like you are too cheap to buy things an dwnat everything for free. Go get a better job and leave the fun world of McDonalds fry maker behind.

You mean IF Google releases this summer. No release date set yet, and Google is known for “vaporware”. Also no word on the price. I am looking forward to Google Home but the lack of any kind of info on it tells me it won’t make it this year. I hope I am wrong.

Received mine already this morning. The only problem is that it does not include a power adapter. The instructions in the box say that it’s sold separately but the product page says it’s included. I’ve emailed CS but just warning others that are anxiously expecting the arrival. It won’t work unless you already have a power adapter and it doesn’t look to be something standard.

I’m really sorry to hear that you Echo didn’t come with a power adapter. Let me know how customer service handles this.

To anyone else with the same issue: Please use the Support Form linked at the top of the page to contact customer support to report the issue.

Thanks!

Same here, and I just emailed customer support as well.

Got my Echo today yea. No power supply included. BOOO! Like everyone else above I emailed customer support and pointed them to the specs section of the woot:

In The Box:

Amazon Echo
Power adapter/cable (6 ft.)

You’ve done the right thing. While the holiday weekend may make for a slower than usual response time, Customer Service will be able to help everyone sort out this issue.

Don’t forget to check your Spam folders!

Same here - very disappointed. An adapter will cost $20 on Amazon. Just emailed customer support. Fingers crossed.

I got mine today as well! Yah me.

But mine is reported lost. Now I can’t register it. Amazon of course is refusing to help, they are sending me back to woot.

That’s super weird. Customer Service will probably be slow getting back to you, but they should be able to help.

And most likely they do! But this is Woot’s Sale… not Amazon’s… .and they only involve a limited number of Refurbished units (which work fine). Hope you got one!

Hey all! The buyers are working on a resolution. Given that it’s a holiday weekend, please sit tight for a couple days. But, a resolution is definitely in the works!

Received an email from customer support this morning. Since he referred to the Echo as “damaged”, I don’t know if the rep actually understood the situation. I’ll wait to see what happens with others on this forum …

Please hang tight. There will be a “blanket” email sent, soon. Disregard the email you received this morning.

Oops. I got the “damaged” email as well. I threw in the towel and ordered the $20 power adapter on Amazon :frowning:

I managed to convince Amazon that I did purchase it. They unlocked it, but it still doesn’t work. Woot offered me a refund, which is disappointing as I really wanted an Echo.