Amazon Echo

I lurv my Echo. Although I named mine Alexa. Which is really your only other choice. I have the Echo in my bedroom (set alarms, listen to music, get news updates, turn the lights on/off with approved Echo wifi gadgets, get weather updates) and the Dot in the kitchen (set timers when my hands are full/icky with food, listen to NPR or local radio online, ask how to halve the ingredients in a recipe, add items to my shopping list on my phone, turn the lights on/off). It’s a little weird to begin with, giving orders to Alexa. I got over it in a hurry. Seems like an unnecessary item until you have one. I now travel with my Dot. Too used to Alexa helping make my life easier!

Received mine today but was missing the power adapter (I’m pissed)! Has this happened to anyone else? We’ll see what Woot comes back with for a solution.

Hey there- I’m sorry to hear that your Echo was missing the power adapter. Unfortunately you’re not the first person to report this issue and we’ve got our CS team looking into why this happened right now.

You did the right thing by reporting this to Customer Service. Anyone else with this issue should also report their problem to CS.

With the holiday weekend it’s probably going to take a bit longer than usual to get an answer from CS, but I assure you they will be able to fix this for you. Just hang tight and keep checking your Spam folder (sometimes our emails get caught there).

Again, I’m really sorry you’re having to go through all this trouble. We’re going to work hard to make this right for all our customers.

Mine came without a power cord. I am so angry.

Yeah, it really sucks. We’re working on getting to the bottom of this issue and making it right for all our customers.

Please report your issue to Customer Service and check your Spam folders as you are waiting for our response.

Got an email back. Offering a $15 discount to buy my own power cord, (even though an official one from Amazon costs $20) or I have the option to return it for a refund. Thankfully it wasn’t in the spam folder, but in the “purchases” one that Gmail auto-sorted for me. So I bet anyone who emailed will have their replies soon.

Well, mine came with a power adapter, but it’s dead. Contacted support and they offered $20 (I assume because they think it’s the cord) - tried with a friend’s known working cord and it is still dead, also reset it with the same results.

Frustrating. I probably won’t be able to get a replacement at this price, either. Grr.

Be sure to update CS about your situation. If you’ve tried it with a different power cord then it’s certainly not the power cord causing the problem. It may take them a few days to sort out how to help you, but I’m confident they will. If not, feel free to send me a private message and we can work together to set things right.

Thanks for the response.

The only thing they can do is refund me after I return the Echo, unfortunately, since they don’t have any more in stock. The CS emails still seem confused and indicate that they think the power cord is still the issue. Maybe because they have gotten so many requests where that is the case.

I guess I’ll have to go through Amazon’s warranty to get a replacement, which CS didn’t indicate as an option to me when I asked about replacement instead of refund. Hopefully that will work.

I bought a new power cord from Amazon and the unit is dead. I tried a cord from another Echo and it is indeed dead. Frustrating experience on this one. Contacting CS next.

Sounds like these units never got refurbished.

Couldn’t get my echo setup so I had to contact Amazon. My echo was reported as lost/stolen to Amazon and therefore the radio was disabled. Contacted Woot Support, but no response yet. Really Disappointed. Amazon Customer service was really nice about the whole thing though.

Just got my Echo and to my surprise not power cord. sent an email to support. Went and bought one off of amazon, should be here in two days. Hoping this will work and that I didn’t buy a $150 paper weight!

I have an Echo and an Echo Dot, I recommended that my friend get one of these and it shows up as stolen. Not good for his first experience with Woot.

I’m super sorry about this. Please tell your friend to contact customer service for a solution.

Having trouble setting mine up. The setup hangs. I have tried resetting it. I got it set up once somehow, but then it said it couldn’t connect to wifi and I never got it working again.

It’s probably a good idea to report this to customer service. They can either help you with trouble shooting, or if it’s not able to be fixed they can set up a return.

We were able to use a 2nd Android device and a 2nd Amazon account to set it up. Then I added my Amazon account as a “family” account. Seems to be working now…