Amazon Fire HD 6 8GB Wi-Fi Tablet

only would buy the HDX versions. does not run 3DR solo app.

Fair enough, but the 7 isn’t HD. This is. Bigger isn’t necessarily better (or so I keep telling myself).

Kindle Freetime is worth absolutely every penny you would pay for it.

We got our three-year-old a Fire 7 Kids Edition (with Freetime) for his birthday. It is absolutely packed with content. He could download and read a new picture book every single night for bedtime and still not touch half of what is available. There are tons and tons of games too. The Studio Pango ones are his favorites, and the Sago ones are a close second. I thought he would jump all over the Nickelodon-branded games (since he loves watching Blaze, Bubble Guppies, and Umizoomi) but he likes the variety. It also has a very well organized library of Prime Video content.

We were so impressed with it that not only are we sure to renew his Freetime subscription, but we also picked up a new Fire 8 as a Christmas gift for our nine-year-old. It’s going to replace her aging Nook HD tablet - it will run every single app on there PLUS have access to all the books and other content.

The only reason I would hesitate to do Freetime on the Fire 6 is the lack of SD card. If you’re downloading tons of picture books or larger games - the internal storage of the Fire 6 would get filled VERY quickly.

How old is your child?

I already have a 10" Asus and a Nook, but I couldn’t resist the $30 price for trying a/an HD Fire (since I’ve had Amazon Prime for years). In for one and just got confirmation.
Merry Christmas to me.

I bought mine About two weeks ago when every where had it for $34, it’s great at that price. Just stick it in my bad in case I ever finish my book or forget where I put it and head out the door.

FYI, you don’t have to order an ad-free Kindle at the time of purchase – the state of being ad-free is something you can pay $15 for at any time in the future (for this or other Kindle models).

She’s 1 1/2. I can see if being very useful in the future… but for now she just wants to watch youtube videos of wheels on the bus. I never knew how many versions of that song there were…

Received mine today - came with USB cable and 5W wall plug charger in the box.

Mine also has the Kids Edition software (Fire OS 4.5.2 as I found out a little later in the process), but after setting up a fake kid profile and a PIN I was able to get into settings and use my regular Amazon profile, then delete the fake kid profile. It seems to work just like a grown up version would,except upon 1st booting up I get a cutesy cartoon-ish screen. I can live with that.

EDIT: I also received mine today and THANK YOU for the directions to get through and then delete the Kids Edition profile. Now I have a regular Fire HD 6.

Mine also included a USB cable and a 1A charger - not a high-powered charger at all, I’ll be tossing mine into the electronics recycle bin. I have way too many chargers capable of more amperage, so this is extraneous hardware for me. Good for someone that does not have one, though.

OK, it would have helped if Woot had stated these were kid editions. So now I have to create a fake kid, so that Amazon can market to me like I am parent for the rest of my life just so that I can use the device?
I shouldn’t be surprised that what I received wasn’t what was listed. That seems to be the norm now for woot.
Screw that, and more importantly, screw woot! This is my final order. As soon as I get this resolved, I am done.

Check out Aynthem’s suggestion above and POOF! you will have a regular Kindle Fire HD 6.

Got mine today. Opened the box and it has a charger and cable. I didn’t power it up yet but it looks real clean, not blemishes to speak of.

I received mine, and haven’t been able to get it activated (or automatically update the OS, which I had to do manually) despite it having Internet access and otherwise seeming to work normally. According to Amazon Kindle support it has been “reported as stolen and deactivated!” Thanks, Woot, an Amazon subsidiary!