Amazon Fire HD 8" (2016) 32GB Tablet

Not that my house needs any more, but I’m curious to know if Woot will ever see refurb Amazon tablets in the various alternate body colors? Woot seems to be cycling through tons of them, but as far as I can tell, they’re almost always black.

We take what they’ll give us so there’s really no way for us to know.

I have never bought referb so my question is will it have cracked screen or obvious wear and tare or look like a brand new tablet?

It can vary from unit to unit. Per the features:

We’re listing these as “Refurbished”, but the boxes will be marked “Used - Good”. These units will have minor cosmetic blemishes and have been returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by an Amazon technician. The units have been repackaged in a brown box.

I have purchased about 5 of these and every one looks brand new. Ditto with the Kindles.

Sooooo much better than no-name Android units that come and go. And I’m one of those old people who is picky. But I just use them as-is.

I didn’t want a Fire, but I had a grad school class that required reading 32+ books in one semester. I also didn’t know the difference between a Fire and a Kindle. I waffled around between getting a new one and refurb and settled for the refurb. It worked right out of the box and after a few unmentionable tweaks later that may or may not have involved Google Play, I was happily attached to my Fire like a Siamese Twin.

There was no indication that the tablet had ever been used before, and the only glitch I found was that when the headphones are plugged in, the volume buttons do strange things like cause other windows to pop up, but that’s a minor issue for me.

The Fire is compatible with many of the websites I use for school so it’s a good backup for my laptop, or usable for a quick reference when I don’t have my laptop with me. I was able to load up Snapchat and Instagram (also for school - really) when I can’t even get those apps on my ancient cell phone.

I should have purchased more at the woot! price for gifts, but I’m not that nice a person.