Amazon Fire HD 8" (2016) Wi-Fi Tablets

I suppose this would be a decent price if I hadn’t just bought the current Fire 8" 32Gb for $32 after taxes. It arrived today. It was on sale for $59 and I got an extra $30 off by using my Amex rewards points.

Happy for you (I mean that - not being snarky), but that’s not really a fair price comparison, is it?

I got one of the 32G at this price from a previous Woot, and it is perfect for air travel - I put a microSD in it and download stuff from Netflix to watch in the air and while waiting around. I added a flip/fold cover that becomes a stand for another $10 or so on the mothership.

Excellent video quality and the battery (on mine) lasts easily for two cross-continent flights.

These take some work to get Google Play Store on them, which is required for Netflix if I recall correctly, but the instructions are just a search away and does not require rooting.

These have Bluetooth so my headphones work well with it, no wires.

I purchased quite a few Fires over the years from Woot and (with one exception) all have been great. The one baddie they refunded promptly and told be to throw it away.

I have several sizes, which I use depending on how much I want to carry. I also have a couple of Kindles, including the “Manga” model.

As I am not a gamer or one who tries to “root” a device, the selection of apps is fine for my needs. Some of the larger models, when combined with a decent Bluetooth keyboard and an app such as xWriter Pro are very good for writing.

I don’t use the cameras, but I do use Fires for music and movies.

If you have Prime, there is a lot of free Amazon things that work well.

I think the cheapest one I got was $19.95

[I am a recovered iPad user.]

These do not require any work to get Netflix installed. All I did was download the app. Google Play was not required

Can the Fire HD 8 run Youtube Kids?

Useful to know, though, that you can add Google Services to these tablets, which makes all the apps in Google Play available. I’ve done that to both of the ones I have. Pretty easy, and plenty of tutorials available on youtube.

There’s also a way to remove all the annoying adds, but that’s a bit more complicated.

Very good device. I would love to get a 10 inch version to try using Google Play and play Plants vs. Zombies 2 on it.

I got one of these last time around. About two hours of adjusting things and faffing about with settings later, and I was able to get the Google Play store, all Google apps, and Nova Launcher to work flawlessly.

Since then, I’ve used it much more than I expected, and it’s a durable, responsive tablet in a convenient form factor. Totally worth the price, and the bit of hassle to set up initially.

This is good to hear!I have a few tasks my phone is too small for and this should be a good replacement!

I’m having trouble trying to google this specific model, but is this capable of supporting a bluetooth mouse and keyboard?

I’d like to use this as a cheap TeamViewer/Moonlight client for my desktop when I’m away from home, but only if it can support a mouse, since that’s the only functionality my iPad is missing for this purpose.

Credit to iburgguy over at SLickDeals for these

you can install the Google Play Store on these: Instructions

You can also install a custom launcher by using this apk

You can disable lockscreen ads as well: here

Just got home from work and my Fire HG 8" has arrived!
Darn thing won’t let me register it to my Amazon account.

Me too.

I’m very sorry. It’s possible the Amazon Kindle team can help you.

If not, please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.