Amazon Fire HD 8" Wi-Fi Tablets

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]

Amazon Fire HD 8" Wi-Fi Tablets
Price: $39.99 - 49.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Oct 10 to Wednesday, Oct 11) + transit
Condition: Amazon Certified Refurbished

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Amazon Fire HD 8" Wi-Fi Tablets) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Amazon Fire HD 8" Wi-Fi Tablets) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Amazon - Google Shopping Fire HD 8" Wi-Fi Tablets)

Unless someone desperately needs an 8" tablet TODAY, I’d skip this one.

This is a refurbished 2015 version (with 1GB of RAM and a 32-bit processor). The new-in-box 2017 Fire HD 8 (with 1.5gb of RAM and a 64-bit processor) has been on sale several times for $50 already, and is all but guaranteed to have the same sale price between Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

These would have to be at least $5 less, if not $10 less, to be a worthwhile deal.

Agreed, this is too high a price for the refurbished ones.

Do the new models have a Micro SD slot?

Yes, up to 256 capacity

If I can say some things in favour of this 2015 model: I like the screen much more. The screen of the more recent models is a bit washed out, but on this 2015 Fire tablet, everything looks very sharp and clean.
This model has a better camera too (5MP instead of 2MP, if you were planning to use it for photography) and I prefer the form factor of this tablet over that of the newer model. But that is personal taste of course.

One does get the feeling that AZM realised their originals were better engineered than needed.

Since they are competing with smart-phones, they may haved opted for a cheaper screen, etc., to prevent price-creep and still make money om them. I wonder if they even have the same company make them.

These are wonderful tablets for the price. Have both the old and new. If you have the ability to install the Google store they become almost perfect. Great price performers. Probably the reason why Apple is leaving this tablet space.

You are correct about the camera, although I have no idea who would use an Android tablet for photography…

What do you mean about the form factor? Both the 2015 and 2017 tablets are 16:10 1280x800 screens and both measure 8-1/2" x 5" in body size. Between that and your comment about the screen, are you sure you aren’t thinking of the 8.9" Fire HDX from 2014?

Edit: I will also say - in favor of this 2015 version - it is slightly thinner and 2oz lighter than the 2017 version. But that comes at the expense of some of the battery life, and that’s before you add the variable of a refurbished battery.

“Special Offers” kills it for me. I don’t need my tablet yelling at me.

Other wooters say it’s not intrusive. Just something on the start-up screen.

Maybe someone will pipe in here.

“Special Offers” are the lock screen for the tablet. That’s it.

Instead of your wallpaper or another screen saver, you see an ad for the two seconds it takes you to go from waking your tablet from standby to unlocking the screen. After awhile, your eyes will just skim right over them while your muscle memory unlocks the tablet.

I’ve been using a Fire tablet regularly since Prime Day. The only time the Special Officers ever bothered me was the few days before that stupid Big Bang Theory prequel show aired - and it only bugged me because I personally detest the Big Bang Theory.

It’s not obtrusive, often just a suggestion of an app, etc. All my Fires and readers are refurbs from Woot, all 100% perfect.

This is a great deal for a cheap tablet to give the kids at Christmas. You can very easily sideload Google’s Play store on these and access all the play store has to offer. I have 3…one for each of my kids and they all love them. The best part is, they are cheap enough to replace if one of them gets dropped or cracked. I would definitely get the 16 gb version, as 8gb will dry up very quickly.

Got one of those de-luxe Fires a month ago–LOVE it. I knew it also came with the special offers, but so far don’t have any idea what that would be. I get zero ads.

Don’t think I’ll ever be ordering another Fire from here again. Probably never got another one at all.

I’m completely unable to register it since I got it. Done every troubleshooting technique I can find on Amazon or anyplace else- updating software, using a different network, killing the battery and recharging, hard restarts, trying the “deregister” process. All a No Go.

Finally broke down and called. An hr & counting on phone with their tech support- THEY CAN’T REGISTER IT! Even with the serial number, MAC address, my order number from Woot! According to them, since I didn’t buy it directly from them it isn’t “full filled.” HUH?

As I type this, they finally tell me something’s wrong with the device- the radio ID is not associated with the device. So… unregisterable. Fabulous.

I went through this also, and finally a supervisor had me turn it off for awhile and reboot it. Registered and works fine.