Amazon Fire TV Cube Media Player

Amazon Fire TV Cube Media Player

I just purchased this, and although I logged in with my Prime Account, paid with my Prime CC, and did get my free shipping for being a Prime member (geez that a lot of "prime"s)ā€¦ my actual sell price was only 50% off and not the advertised 55%.
I donā€™t know if I missed a step, but that 5% kind of makes a big difference considering the total amount of units that will be sold.

Iā€™m seeing the same behavior. I was not logged in, I logged in with my Amazon account (via the button on the login page), and the price is still showing up as $59.99 in my cart (and when I go to check out as well).

I thought that was what I did initially, but to be safe, i logged back off, and logged in via ā€œlog in with amazonā€ buttonā€¦ then re-added the item as if I were to buy it again to have the price remain the same.

I havenā€™t cancelled my order, but should I?

I sent them a tweet just now about thisā€¦ will let you know if they respond. Itā€™s only $6 (for the Cube) but still

Note that, while the product is new, the remote is the prior version (without the tv controls). Not sure that matters to most.

Whatā€™s the model number of the product? I have a Fire Cube and am trying to figure out if this is a newer model.

same here. used the grey button and auto-redirect both times the same price ā€¦
update: cleared all my woot.com cookies logged back in, and still the same priceā€¦

I do not see the ā€˜add to cartā€™ button on this or the stick. It doesnā€™t say ā€˜sold outā€™.

You have to log in with an Amazon account with an active Prime subscription to purchase this. :slightly_smiling_face:

One thing people might want to keep in mind - the Cube is not a full Echo; there are many features on the Echo that the Cube does not have, such as the ability to make a call, or send a message. It will also not connect via Bluetooth to your mobile phone.

Because of this, I still have to have an Echo Dot in the same room (specifically to make calls & send messages), and I had to rename one of them so they didnā€™t get confused with each other. :slight_smile:

You would think after a year that Amazon would have fixed this.

I logged in several times with Prime but no add to cart buttonā€¦Iā€™ll try again!

Got in! Iā€™ve got the Dot, Spot, Show and Fire TV Cube. I bought the Cube on Woot for $49.00 maybe a month ago. Before I bought it I went to Amazon to see if my cable provider was listed and it was so I bought the Cube. Unfortunately my cable provider does NOT work with the Cube at this time so the Cube can switch to cable but I have to use my cable remote to change channels. It does, however, works with everything else. I was thinking of getting one for my parents but they have the same cable provider so maybe I will wait.

i

Odd, it works for me.

@ThunderThighs ?

My cable provider is Suddenlink. When I called Amazon to see why my cube wouldnā€™t change channels the tech stated that Suddenlink is not compatible even though it is on the compatible list. :angry:

Hi there. Try logging out of Woot first and then login with the Login with Amazon button.

Ditto; tried multiple browsersā€“cleared cache multiple times, even entered Woot without signing in AT ALL, logged in with Amazon Prime via the linked button, and still only see the 50% price all the way from cart to checkout.

This looks like the version with the older remote. No volume controlsā€¦

bad math

I appears someone at Woot doesnā€™t do math well. The discount was 50% and the price you see is the price you get. Iā€™m very sorry for the confusion.

Now wife gets even more frustrated than she did with the remote, so she tells me and I tell Echo the translation

1 Like