Amazon Gift Card

Can I use an Amazon gift card as payment on Woot?

I don’t think you can directly. Maybe you can if your checking out with AMZN payments and your AMZN default payment is your gift card balance. I’ve never tried it. From the FAQ:

What payment options do I have?
You can pay for your orders using VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Amazon Payments. We do not accept checks, money orders, uncut gemstones, or broken promises.
What’s Amazon Payments?
Amazon Payments enables you to create an account on Woot! and complete your checkout process without having to enter your shipping address or payment information. If you have a Woot! account today, you can link up your Amazon account instantly. Then you’ll have access to all of your Amazon-stored shipping and payment settings, and you to check out on Woot! faster than a cheetah on their way to a seafood buffet.

https://www.woot.com/faq

2 Likes

Sorry, we’re not set up to take Amazon gift cards.

2 Likes

Does Woot consider to add the Amazon Gift Card payment as option in the future?

To be honest, probably not. As an independent subsidiary, we don’t toss funds over the wall to each other. Also, there a zillion laws around gift cards that would probably throw a wrench in the works.

1 Like

The answer to your question is “NO”. Yes you can access your amazon payments thru your prime membership on Woot! But the GC balances do not transfer over to Woot!'s payment options. The answer is no.

1 Like

Is it a drawback of Amazon or Woot? I can’t believe such a large company like Amazon can’t set their gift card for use in other shops. However, I’m not sure if it’s useful for Woot itself. The full payment directly sounds much better, so it’s probably Woot disabled it. Sure thing, customers wanna using Amazon gift cards on as many sites as possible, such as woot.com or House Signs – baliandboo with its tailored goods. I just hope Amazon will set a goal to widespread use of their cards. Not only for independent subsidiaries but for the rest of the market.

7 MONTHS LATER

1 Like

10 YEARS LATER