Amazon Gift Card

Can I use an Amazon gift card as payment on Woot?

1 Like

I don’t think you can directly. Maybe you can if your checking out with AMZN payments and your AMZN default payment is your gift card balance. I’ve never tried it. From the FAQ:

What payment options do I have?
You can pay for your orders using VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Amazon Payments. We do not accept checks, money orders, uncut gemstones, or broken promises.
What’s Amazon Payments?
Amazon Payments enables you to create an account on Woot! and complete your checkout process without having to enter your shipping address or payment information. If you have a Woot! account today, you can link up your Amazon account instantly. Then you’ll have access to all of your Amazon-stored shipping and payment settings, and you to check out on Woot! faster than a cheetah on their way to a seafood buffet.

https://www.woot.com/faq

2 Likes

Sorry, we’re not set up to take Amazon gift cards.

2 Likes

Does Woot consider to add the Amazon Gift Card payment as option in the future?

2 Likes

To be honest, probably not. As an independent subsidiary, we don’t toss funds over the wall to each other. Also, there a zillion laws around gift cards that would probably throw a wrench in the works.

3 Likes

The answer to your question is “NO”. Yes you can access your amazon payments thru your prime membership on Woot! But the GC balances do not transfer over to Woot!'s payment options. The answer is no.

1 Like

7 MONTHS LATER

3 Likes

10 YEARS LATER

5 Likes

I dunno if I’d put the burden for the decision on the shoulders or woot. They’ve remained a pretty decent company to deal with. I’ve been with them since the days of one item a day updated at midnight every night (10pm my time). For years I was getting a two hour head start on my brothers in Tejas(i digress). Amazon, on the other hand is an evil robot, that will repeat scripts learned by rote in efforts to reach economically advantageous decisions for the company, no matter how nonsensical it may sound to the customer. As long as it’s not a negative for them it makes sense. That being said, there’s absolutely no advantage for the company to allow their gift cards as currency on any more websites than they currently have. If peoe use other options to buy needful crap on woot, not only does the Amaz-bot get whatever cut they get from the conglomeration/ownership deal, but the gift card that person already bought (or was bought for them) will be spent at the AmaWorld. If real peoples could use Ama-Bux all over the place, less would be spent with Amaz-Bot in AmaWorld. This way instead of Amaz-bot gets cash love from the person who would like to use the AmaBux but can’t, and the card love is only valid in the AmaWorld, where I’m pretty sure they get a larger percentage of the purchase price than they do fom woot. But! If woot were to go in 100% and burn their souls 100 on the pyre of the internet they could just remove their name and branding and become a totally internalized Amazon seller.

That makes sense if they are separate companies but Amazon owns woot. In 2010 they bought them for 110 million. So it doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Amazon owns Woot!, but Woot! is an independent company. They have a special relationship, but that doesn’t extend into sharing money. For Woot! to use Amazon’s gift cards creates a nightmarish inter-banking system which is beyond Woot!’s current staffing capabilities.

Let it go.

This is a definition of “independent” with which I was previously unfamiliar

(Perhaps you meant “distinct”?)

It’s an independent subsidiary, per Woot’s FAQ:

https://www.woot.com/faq?ref=w_ngf_faqs#is-it-true-that-woot-is-a-subsidiary-of-amazon

1 Like

That’s too bad because it seems really really easy to get an amazon gift card just about anywhere. I never see Woot Gift cards lol.

It still does not work. I have a lot of money in GCs and it’s not fair.

Sorry but there’s a lot of laws around gift cards and they’re pretty hard to get around.

1 Like

I would buy a lot more from Woot if it would accept Amazon gift cards.

I found this thread when searching to learn if Woot takes Amazon gift cards (nope!). Related question - I have a prepaid Mastercard with a $300 balance in my Amazon wallet. I want to purchase an item from Woot that is more than $300. Will Woot’s checkout allow me to apply the $300 from the prepaid Mastercard, then prompt me to select a second payment method from my Amazon wallet for the balance? And if you are wondering why I don’t just test it out, I don’t have the prepaid card yet in-hand. Trying to strategize my large purchase. :smile:

1 Like

@Froodyfrog might know.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, our payment system isn’t that sophisticated. It needs to be all on one card. Sorry.

2 Likes