Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Tablets

Even if you don’t care about the LTE these tablets are more desirable than the straight wifi ones. These have GPS in them so you can side load a sat nav app like Waze or Sygic and have a gps navigation device with a large beautiful screen.

I bought this tablet new. The screen is nice and battery life is decent. The OS hasn’t been updated literally in years. I’m pretty sure its horribly insecure at this point. Several apps won’t work any more because the Android version is so outdated. Its getting sluggish and web browsing is a chore using Amazon’s custom Silk browser.

That said, I like using it for streaming video and reading ebooks.

First an “unknown_error” and then a “license_error”

You can make your own interpretation by reading this topic on the mothership:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna?cdForum=Fx1GLDPZMNR1X53&cdThread=Tx6PQNRJEB6GRE

Still a good deal with the CM ROM installed.

Hmmm. If you can’t figure out how to resolve it, get in contact with our CS.

Please use the Customer Service form for assistance.

Found some discussion here about that error.

I paid the extra $5 to get two business day shipping and received the Kindle on time on Saturday. Well Done Woot!!

I did not pay anything extra, but still received the Kindle on Saturday. Extremely Well Done Woot!!!

Wow, people weren’t kidding about the charging time. Extremely slow via a 1 Amp. I’ve got to get my two Amp out of the car and try that

Unbelievable resolution! I love the display!

just arrived…
at power on mine displays ‘kindlefire’ logo in white/orange for about 5-10 seconds and then the screen goes dark.
>sigh< not this again…

will put on charger for a day and see what happens, but more and more I’ve been getting non-working refurbs…

Baloney. The sim card is located at the top left in a tray. You use a clip inserted inthe small hole to eject the tray, and then replace the SIM.

If it doesn’t wake up for you, please contact Customer Service. They should be able to get you all squared away.

No change.
Thanks, I just emailed CS. If they can’t get his working or send a replacement.

Just received mine and want to verify I got he correct model. I paid for the 64GB unit and when I go into “Settings” - “Device” - “Storage” it shows “12.5GB of 13.0GB space available”.

I’m thinking I got shorted here. Woot, care to respond?

Yup, looking back at the specs\item description it certainly seems I was shorted. Looks like I was sent a 16GB version which wasn’t even a choice.

Storage: Your Choice:
32GB (27.1GB available to user)
or
64GB (55.7GB available to user) of internal storage

I’m sorry for the problem. Please use the Customer Service form for assistance.

A link to a photo of what you’re seeing will speed things up.

Email sent via customer support link.

Tablet arrived 1 day early. Well worth the money. I received a 64GB version when I ordered a 32GB one.

Tablet is fully unlocked. The SIM card is accessible with a paper clip. Requires a small amount of force to eject. Unfortunately I didn’t have the right sized SIM card…but I did have an unused T-Mobile full sized SIM card and scissors. Thankfully most SIM cards can be cut down (the circuitry is only under the metal contacts). 3 minutes of trimming, a restart, and entering the TMobile APN settings listed here: https://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx242P5RJVV61VV

And I now have a T-Mobile screen offering 200MM of free data monthly for life.

Only quirk was after disabling wifi I received a prompt saying “The wifi network you’re connected to requires additional information to connect.” That’s actually the TMobile network.

Part 2:

Device decided to magically brick itself. This was before I had a chance to even tinker with it. Kindle fire screen loads, no animation, then screen goes black in a few seconds.

Fortunately, a few linux commands later and I was able to fix the device. Grr amazon. The refurbing sucks. At least now I know how to fix a completely bricked Kindle Fire HD 8.9".

Worst purchase from woot! so far, got the 16GB model without LTE. Ordered 64GB with LTE.

Oh no! I’m really sorry to hear that. Sounds like there must have been a mix up. If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form for assistance. They should be able to help.

Thanks TS, just did and we are working on a solution.

A pity, as I have to echo others, the screen is superb but unfortunately I can’t accept the 16GB storage and without LTE.